Going with billboards this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going with billboards this year!

Last year we did radio and I was less than impressed. They did a nice job but I didn't think I got the traffic. Everyone last year said the big sign over the campground entrance and internet was how they found us.

This year I bought 4 billboards in rreally good locations. It cost the same as the radio. I am looking forward to seeing the results. Also I started a mySpace page in addition to our regular website. I have bought a program called friendAdder to send out 500 requests per day.

Got started a little late, but am still working on it

Here is our billboard. let me know what you think.

KroneDaddy

Hauntus Emeritus
    Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
    Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Looks pretty cool.

Comment

Looks great! I would have preferred just the name of the haunt real big and just included a strapline with location but I guess you have to keep the spponsors happy.

I assume the monster trucks is a cultural thing?

Comment

Good Outdoor Board man.

Hope it does wonders for you...and yes, monster trucks is def. a cultural phnom. in the US. Who doesn't love a monster truck?

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Probably the people whose Father got ran over and killed by the monster truck? The people killed by the big wheel coming off and going through the grandstands?
          Now the sponsers demanded radio-controlled kill switches for the monster truck's motor is in the hands of a person standing away from the machine, all because a driver of one had a heart attack while behind the wheel, and then the "fun" began!
          I was told all of this when I was at a car show and the subject of the monster-machine just starting up it's motor was brought up, no they don't do that anymore either, just start up the motor.
          But then, maybe it's just not true and it's just part of the Monster Truck urban-legend?
          Legends sell tickets and tee-shirts too!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Great job on the sign! Def. high visibility and attention getting, while keeping the sponsors happy as was mentioned above. Way to go! Let us know how the billboards work out. Have an awesome season!

Kel
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sorry, and God I hate to write this, but I do NOT like the billboard. Simply put, it is WAY too busy. You need to get rid of at least half the words, maybe more, and focus instead on what you are trying to sell.

Your Haunted House and your Website.

Everything else is just superfluous mumbo-jumbo that you are forcing drivers to wade through to get to the important stuff. Or, to put it into simple terms, the more words you have the fewer people will read it.

Note: I am not trying to be a jerk here, or criticize your advertisement or your haunt; I just want to help. A billboard is not a magazine ad. You want the viewer to see the critical information (your haunt and your website) as effortlessly and rapidly as you can.

Smacky

Smacky
              "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

So in some parts of the country people read faster than in other places?

"If...u...can...reed Thiz ...by ....now..., sorry, now it's November!

Wutt!? No naked wimmenn on the sign?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks friends for all your comments. Smacky, thanks for your honesty. I was hesitant about all that is there, but here are a few reasons...

Sponsors have to be there

I am also promoting the monster truck rides

Makle-A-Wish really brings them in

Some people, like myslef, often have a hard time remembering URLs
                  I can't depend solely on the internet, since we arre in an area that, believe it or not, not everyone has it. So I need to tell them something.

One thing I did do was put only the words Haunted House on it rather than the name of the attraction, which is much wordier.

I do appreciate your candidness, and I hope you understand why I did what I did. We'll see how they do.

Thanks Jim, Kell, everyone. BTW Monster Trucks are HUGE here in the states. You otta get some in the UK, trucks that is.

KroneDaddy
                  Hauntus Emeritus
                  Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                  Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
                  X