Scare Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scare Parts?

Has anyone heard from them? I* have over $5,000 worth of props yet to ship and we open in a week!

I spoke w/ Keith 3 weeks ago and he promised it was all shipping in a week... now no one answers. Sent e-mails, even asked other vendors if they knew anything.

I mean no harm nor am I slamming Scare Parts, I just want my order and have not seen it or heard from anyone after leaving NUMEROUS messages.

Any one else heard from them - or had any issues?

Thanks,

Todd

Just spoke to some more people and they have order pending @ Scare Parts too and can not get any response...

Let me know if anyone else is having an issue...

I just want an answer... so I can move on.
    Last edited by Mr Nightmarez; 09-20-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Same deal here. I hate ordering stuff in Feb/March for an obvious October event and not being able to count on it actually arriving. Not just Scare Parts, but others. I know they just moved their business to Cleveland (based on the cellphone message) but no one has returned my calls or sent an e-mail or other mailing stating the status of my order.

Comment

I spoke with Keith last week and, while not intending to make excuses, this is what has happened:

Keith moved his shop in August up to the Cleveland area (Twinsburg to be exact). He was working with a new partner and another full-time employee. A few weeks ago that new partner decided to leave and took the only employee with him. Keith was then hospitalized with stress related issues for a few days.

In the last week his brother Craig has taken on the operations side of the business and is working on calling all customers with outstanding orders to apprise them of the situation and discuss delivery times. If you have not gotten a call, send me an email at barry@midwesthaunters.com and I will get you Craig's phone number.

This is all I know at this time.

Barry

Comment

Im waiting on a bloodsaw and he told me they were shipping last week. Also no luck contacting keith today.
          Kyle Nadeau
          Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
          Owner and Operator of Field of Screams the Haunted Stadium
          www.HauntedStadium.com
          HauntedStadium@live.com

Comment

Scare parts

We have not ordered from scare parts, because as a non- profit cannot afford them.

But when we contacted Keith a couple years ago about donating a prop to our haunt to raise money for Ovarian cancer, he was the first person out of everyone who posts on these boards to donate. It was the most wonderful prop we could have asked for that year. That was the first pnuematic we ever had and made a wonderful addition to our haunt.

We can not thank Keith enough for sending us that prop out of the goodness of his heart ( and tax break) and will always be very thankful to him for that.

Jill
            Research for ovarian cancer and continued survival
            www.roccs.org

Comment

Anybody get a reply yet? I tried all emails, craigs phone, keiths phone, and the shop. No luck. Im getting perty frustrated now! Any other ideas?
              Kyle Nadeau
              Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
              Owner and Operator of Field of Screams the Haunted Stadium
              www.HauntedStadium.com
              HauntedStadium@live.com

Comment

We had an order as well that got cancelled because it could not be delivered on time. We are disappointed but life goes on. Keith did call me back and said he was going to refund any money owed to me. He told me his brother is calling people to refund money or whatever.

I have no idea what is going on with them or anyone else... its been a strange year for vendors.

We did however place a giant order with Keith for another client back in the spring and we got all of that product and it was a giant order. I know he builds good stuff... just have to wait and see what happens.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Keith got in touch with me today and explained the entire Story

I should be getting part of my order next week and the remainder a week after... So right now - I'm semi-happy again

Keith's stuff is great and I liked him when I met him... and I hope he can bounce back after so much hitting him at once. Stress is an understatement!

After knowing what happened I will say that I understand the situation better and it may take Keith a bit to get back up to schedule but he had good reason for delays etc...

And a big thanks to Keith for getting back to me quickly after getting out of the Hospital and another BIG Thanks to UNIT 70 for letting me squeeze in another order! Thanks Bo and Brady!

Comment

...continuing saga....

I received my first shipment from Scare Parts.
                    You can tell the pieces were rushed and are nothing like what was at the show. The controller was not included w/ Theed, but was shipped the next day (which I will probably get the air freight charges) without power supplies, and no pressure pad or motion sensor...

I received a custom ordered Stalk Around and it broke the first night... Alas, the Haunted Season begins...
                    Still waiting on over $8,000 worth of props to get here... from Scare Parts and Grave Robbers
                    Next year - We build it ourselves....

Comment

Same boat here. I ordered and excorcist bed from Keith in July. Last time we spoke was in August. He said it was done and ready to be shipped, but he need the final payment. So I paid him. Then, I never heard from him again. I understand issues arise in small business, but a phone call is 10 minutes. I have called everyday, I have sent faxes, emails, etc. My partners have also called frequently. Again, stuff happens, but a responsible business owner has to let paid customers know the status of their product. This is a fundamental part of a business transaction.

I am sure Keith is a great guy, but I know a lot of great guys who I would personally never let manage my business.

This is my first year in the Haunt industry, and I own a theme park. The scariest thing I have seen to date, however, are the vendors. The lack of customer service, coordination, etc. is unbelievable. I was forewarned, just found it hard to believe that so many vendors would be so shady.

I now have a list of vendors that I will buy from, and that is all I will buy from - and Scareparts is no longer one.

Comment

I sent final payment since my final shipment was going out the door 2 weeks ago... It must be on a slow moving truck from Cleveland Ohio to Chattanooga, Tennessee.

I'm packing up the crap I got already and I'm working w/ the bank to get my money back. The pieces we did receive are crap.

I believed Keith's sob story and it still may be true, but to blatantly lie about things is sad and I will be one person to continue to promote the fact that SCAREPARTS is not a company to buy from... If Keith would ever return my calls or the other shipment actually arrived this week... I might not go into legal recourse...
                        To be honest I'm debating the drive in November so I can literally take my money directly from his hands.

I wanted to believe the Haunt Industry was a family. And IAHA was helping make it that... But after this season I have less faith in IAHA and the vendors. I know it's not IAHA job, but making sure Vendors don't screw over fellow haunters needs to be on the list of "TO-Do's for 2008". I might actually rejoin if they can help get the $7,400 I have spent w/ deadbeat vendors....

Comment

Last Saturday night my Scareparts Spider Spawn decided to launch itself from its pneumatic base. The legs stayed attached, but the body shot about 10 feet across the room. it was pretty funny to watch ( I happened to see it occur) but in all reality I was pissed!
                          Kevin
                          MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I would be happy to just have the stuff I paid for... Even if it fell apart, at least I had it!

I truly regret not buying all my stuff from Fright Props and Unit 70 this year... truly regret it...

Added to my do not buy list:
                            Scare Factory
                            Scare Parts

Comment

Has anyone heard from Scare Parts?

Still waiting on an answer myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X