What's your favorite scare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite scare?

My favorite scare is to get on my belly, flip my hair over my face and drag myself, writhing and twitching like an injured victim, after the crowd. I'll either do it slowly-- freaking them out as they see me still "following" them halfway through the house, poking around corners just before they leave the room-- or, at the part of the house where there is a downwards ramp, I will make my first/only appearance scrambling quickly down it, like a Japanese ghost.

I once scared a girl so much that she lost her sandal, crashed into an archway made of boxes, and knocked a box of glass bottles onto the floor.

Following is always great. But I usually have a speaking role so I have to stay in one area. I love to make them feel really uncomfortable. Get as close to them as possible. After all, we can't touch them, no one said we can't breathe on them.
    Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

Comment

i love to creep up behind ppl and stand there with a blank stare and silent as can be
      then i wait till someone notices me and it seems to blow the group down or back. and slamming your hand or fist near them scares ppl too

Comment

so we use to have a alley room with a big dumpster and a few can trash cans stacked up with a latter u could use to climb and do a over the head scare but yea no1 liked doing that..... anyway i would stand on top of one of the trashcans and wait for them to get right n front of me..... they couldnt see me at all bcuz i had on all blk and i would jump down into the group , they would either fall or slam n 2 the dumpster..... it would really work good when the other actor/actress would scare them n the beginning of the room then they would think they were done and had nothing to worry about BOY were they wrong..... gonna miss that room.....

check out the room
        http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=8087560

Comment

My ego fed the most heavilly upon what happened in my front room (first room) when I would be telling them the haunted history of the house then I would scare them, them make them laugh, then scare them again!
          I really felt like the master puppet string-puller on those occassions.
          Gotta "watch" that ego thing though, it can take you places you shouldn't be, then leave you stranded there.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Doing all of that is fun but the best thing I find that scares the best for me is letting them walk right around the corner and me being in the door way. I then stare them down and not say a word my hair in my face and the I will walk backwords through my first sean just staring at them at the beginning of my second sean I ask if they will play a game with me in a child like voice... "Keep in mind I look like the chick off the ring." and then as I show them into my PITCH BLACK maze and I fade into the dark I change my voice to the Exiersist chick. and then scare them over and over through my maze. Hade a group in there for 2 hours before ... it was clocked by my boss and one of the girls in the group peaed herself 3 times. that was the best feeling when I seen what they had to say about in on the news when intervewed after. "Hopes of braking my record from last year wish me luck"
            AJ Silo-X

Comment

The best scare is the one where you've done the jump out, you've moved them most of the way across the room. They can see you--they might even have mouthed off a bit.

And you move close to them, quickly, but not like a rush or a pursuit, as they're leaving, in full view. You might say something disturbing, or make a noise that just sounds....wrong.

And they run.

That tells you that you got to them

Comment

lol that is so true I had a group of cheer leaders come through Friday night ... OMG that was so much fun they got in my face and acted like they where not scared I let them finish the rest of the house and the other 3 houses. I went to brake as they where leaving all Silo and they yelled at me some more as I passed them so I stopped turned around and slowly started to walk tords them growling at them. they ran and then I followed them all the way to there car one of them JUMPED throw the window to get away from me. lol I love this job way to much... =)~
                AJ Silo-X

Comment

Had a guy 3 years ago push his wife in front of him. So, I waited until he walked up to the door, and I activated the strobe, walked towards him and yelled at him about 1 inch from his face. He fell on the floor, pulled his wife down with him, and then CRAWLED on ALL FOURS through the next two rooms, jumped the railing on the porch outside the house, and started walking up to the snack stand. One of the officers stopped him and told him he couldn't go that way, well...his words were, "NO, I'M LEAVING! You've done made me piss myself. So, i'm going home!" And, sure enough...his entire right leg was wet...

After the night was over, I later found out that his wife also walked outside, and threw up all over the porch. Probably my scare that i'm the proudest of.

Comment

What kind of scares???

Ahh, there are so many! I am a set & prop designer/builder and I can't resist putting on a costume and having a little fun, if the powers that be at whatever haunt I'm working will let me (I miss it! Couldn't get a gig this year!!)

I'm a big guy (6'4") and I have a completely black flowing outfit that I like to throw on - between the boots and head piece, I get up to around 6"7" or so. All I do is stand in a dark corner and wait...

They come in not paying attention, then all I have to do is step out from the shadows silently. The screams are deafening!

During a nightly break (allowing actors to hit the head) I went to a back room that a good friend was haunting. I just stood against a back wall, waiting. She came in sipping hot cocoa - I waited. She put it down and got herself ready. All I did was step out and walk right in front of her. She about hit the roof!! That was a couple of years ago, and it still gives her the willies!!!

Comment

When I helped out with a haunt a couple years ago, the scene I build was of a farm. There was a 10 foot barn at the back with an old tractor as the main prop. There were also pitchforks with impailed heads, hay and leaves on the ground, a picket fence, stalks of corn and a few trees. My job was to sit on the tractor, dressed as a farmer, and I had a horn hidden. Accross from me was a static grim reaper that about 85% of the people thought was a real person. So when they were done looking at that, they looked at me and I scared them/honk the horn. When they were also looking at the reaper, I sometimes got off the tractor got close to them and scared them. It was a fun experience and would love to do it again.
                      ________
                      Harley-Davidson Model BA
                      Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

One that in particularly comes to mind-

Back when I helped put on the Bar H haunted hayride we were off one night and Tony at the Haunted Pyramids asked us if we would come up there and help out for a night. Well me and my brother, who is also a pretty big boy, went up for the night. In the 3D haunt we drew the toxic waste room. WE get in there and we've got nothing to work with. I mean NOTHING. Every prop in there is torn up. So we put on a couple TYVEK suits and some masks. I put on a hard hat and he put on some shades and the groups started coming... so what are we going to do?

There was a glowing head on a pop up that was broke so I ripped it off and we started playing HOT POTATO with it. As the groups came in we acted like they weren't there and they watched this floating head fly back and forth across the small room in their 3d glasses. Then one of us would say " here they come! hide! hide!" and we'd slam ourselves up against the wall like we were camouflaging or something. They'd start to pass between us and I'd say " lets get them on 3. you ready?!... one, two, three, RRRAAHH." And with that little nothing of a bit we put them in the floor all night long. As they were exiting the room one of us would tell them a corny joke like "What did the snail say when he climbed on the turtles back? WEEE!" And they would all laugh at it. I guess it was just the psychology of it. We were just clowning but they had never seen anything like that before. I've never done that before, not since, but that night we were rocking with that 10 cent bit right there.
                        Last edited by Ghost River Duck; 10-15-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

In the "BLACKHOLE" room, I appear out of nowhere. People don't know what the hell is happening until they see me and scream...It is so funny.

Comment

I must say when I am a guide I have them come in the door stand in the middle of the first room.. I dont say a word, circle around them and then I scream "Welcome" it startles even the ones that mumble "This isn't scary"

Then theres the question I love when they say "where is the bathroom" during the rules we read them.. (there is one just feet away - but they dont know that)
                            I just tell them "are you wearing pants?" you hear a slight "yea...." then i good you are wearing the bathroom then..."

Its always fun when you ahve them so scared before they leave the little first room...

breaking down "you cant scare me" or the ones that come in thinking they are going to talk sh---- all the way through.. they quickly stop!

Comment

my haunt is an asylum haunt and i work as the doctor for shock therapy.

there are lots of strobes and two electric chairs and a glass fountion with a sivered head that spits blood on the glass

its a big room
                              anyways
                              i just got vampire red contacts with my Dr. kalise costume
                              and with i do is when a group comes in my room i slam my hands on the wall
                              that makes them jump back a bit...
                              then run and turn on the electric chairs that scream and thrust and twich and i just drag my upper body on the floor twords them it really makes them hit the wall and walk the wall and sometimes with strobes i just sit in the middle of the floor on my knees and rock back and froth staring at them
                              one 34 yd chick freaked out and started crying

this job rocks i wish we could do it year round

Comment

Working...
                              X