Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going? Headless Horseman Sunday Sept. 23 Back Lot Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going? Headless Horseman Sunday Sept. 23 Back Lot Tour?

Just curious if anyone is attending Headless Horseman's Back Lot Daylight VIP BBQ and tour this sunday september 23rd from 4-7pm? I'll be there since its the first tour like this in the new york area that I can drive to.

Also does anyone have any contact name and info for the owner of Headless Horseman? Thanks in advance!
    Bill
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Originally posted by NightMareManor
    I went to headless last weekend and it wasnt as great as it was previously. The scenery was AMAZING, but the actors left a LOT more to be desired.
    Hey NightMareManor, I wanted to go this haunt this year. Would it not be worth the 4 hour drive? I want to go to a good haunt this year. Since they were #1 on the top 13 and they are relatively close to me, I thought it would be a nice trip. Let me know if its worth the drive, if not I'll pick another haunt.

Comment

Okay thanks for the info, will look into the other haunts you mentioned as well.

Comment

You know these places that pour all this money into there haunts ect. And are voted number one and everything. And then you go and the actors let you down. Dont put on a good show or just lack the talent it takes to scare people. It really goes to show you actors can make or break you!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

You know these places that pour all this money into there haunts ect. And are voted number one and everything. And then you go and the actors let you down. Dont put on a good show or just lack the talent it takes to scare people. It really goes to show you actors can make or break you!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Sunday Night was the the back lot tour and all I can say is WOW. They sure do know how to hold a first class event. For the poster above the benefit was for The Queen's Galley and their website can be found at: http://www.thequeensgalley.org/

First let me say, I have never been to headless before, and being only about 1 and 1/2 hours away I'm ashamed i haven't checked it out sooner. When we got there the food was cooked and smelled amazing. We sat down got to tour the grounds at our own pace and eat some delicious BBQ. I am glad the money went to a good cause.

We then boarded the hayride for a day light tour. While they did have some actors jumping out and giving you a taste of what their night event is like, it was some what difficult at times to determine what happened on the hayride when we just drove by sets and scenes and nothing happened. It sure made me feel like I wanted to come back at night and get a true taste of it. The scenery is still top notch even in the daylight and the hayride took close to 20-25 minutes, you can expect closer to 30-35 minutes when their attraction is live.

After the Hayride we were let off at the corn maze. Their corn maze is quite neat but short. I wasn't sure if they showed you the whole maze during the daylight tour because they had SO MUCH corn, but the maze only went in about 25ft of it. The corn maze lets out at The Creature, the blow up haunted attraction from distortions? i believe. While i have heard both good and bad things about this type of product, i was quite surprised to see how big it was inside. It was tight at times giving you the claustrophobic feel and also had airy big rooms as well.

After the Creature this leads into the line for "The Feeding" the first haunted house. What can i say, the scenic detail is amazing. Again they didn't have the house in full swing so i can not comment on the actors abilities to scare, but they did have a few guys running around the house and they did an excellent job. We actually went in twice once to take pictures, once to enjoy it, and the actors got me both times.

We then entered their 2nd haunted house, and was again blown away by the detail that is in their sets. We spoke to the house manager who informed us that they had put on an addition to their barn so everything after the mirror maze was new for the year. Again they had a few actors spread out, one Voodoo guy who got me to jump quite a few times, they all stayed in character and did a great job. The most amazing set was the last one of a boat wreck/outdoor/bridge type scene. Really unbelievable and they even had lighting bugs to boot.

Overall, I would def recommend Headless Horseman to everyone... While i cant comment completely on the actors, you will definitely feel like you got your moneys worth. They say on their website plan anywhere from 2-3 hours to attend all attractions and I can believe that on busy nights. I really enjoyed how one attraction lead to another and kept you moving throughout the day. If your like me, and enjoy more then just being scared, you enjoy and can appreciate the talent, time, effort, money, and detail, put into these sets you will really enjoy Headless Horseman.
            Bill
            Bill Rod.
            Dark Tech Effects
            Automated DMX Lighting

Comment

Bill,

You definitely need to go back at night, with the place in full swing.
              We went last Saturday at 9 and didn't get out until after 1 am.
              They actually have a big staff of actors this year, the most I can remember.
              They seem to be coming out of everywhere.
              The Corn Maze is actually huge, it covers the length of the whole field.
              Also a building and a Tent haunt in there as well before you even get to the corn.
              Definitely worth the $$ and the drive for anyone who is interested.
              They also have a bunch of shops, and John Shaw's illusion show as well.

I've gone back in past years and was unimpressed or even disappointed, but
              they've stepped it up a notch this year. It's also very organized, so that even if the lines are long, they are always moving.
              Just wanted to pass that along.

Chainsaw

Comment

Awesome! Great to hear, was thinking about going this weekend or next. I'll def have to buy tickets now... Thanks!
                Bill
                Bill Rod.
                Dark Tech Effects
                Automated DMX Lighting

Comment

Ron, did you ever get my PM?
                  Bill Rod.
                  Dark Tech Effects
                  Automated DMX Lighting

Comment