X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Come Blow Your Horn...

There's two things of importance I need to accomplish in my dark maze:

1. To scare them senseless (Duh!)

2. To give a signal to the attendant at the beginning of the haunt that it's time to send another group through.

I thought I could accomplish 1 & 2 by having a loud horn with a bright light approximately 12' into the maze. I have mat switches and awesome sensors I purchased from Creative Visions, so triggering the effect isn't a problem.

However.....

I have no idea what kind of economical horn to purchase and how to connect it as well as a clamp light to the trigger.

Please help!

you could use a loud buzzer connected to a motion sensor
    If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Malice View Post
      you could use a loud buzzer connected to a motion sensor
      And where would I get this buzzer?

Comment

Or You Could Hook Up A Light Outside Your Door Which Turns On When The Sensor Is Tripped. It Would Eliminate The Need Of The Horn.

Just A Thought

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean,

on another forum, someone suggested going to a auto graveyard and plucking a horn from a car. I thought that was a great suggestion. I began thinking when I would go to our local pick it place when it dawned on me that my son's klunker of a Ford Taurus is sitting in my driveway waiting for the junkyard to haul it away. What I need is right here under my nose! So, I went outside with wrench in hand and took it from his car. (I got his permission first) I also took the brand new battery that was there while I was at it. (I DIDN'T ask his permission)

Once I figure out how to connect the horn, clamp light and mat switch together, this scare + attendant signal will be good to go!

Comment

Awesome! A Little Creativity Goes Along Way. We Did This Two Years Ago But With The Boat Horn. It Lasted One Night Until The Intire Crew Decided It Was Too Loud. Kind Of Funny Though...

Good Luck With The Horn!

Sean
            Sean De Wane
            The De Wane Asylum
            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by MMManiac View Post
              Awesome! A Little Creativity Goes Along Way. We Did This Two Years Ago But With The Boat Horn. It Lasted One Night Until The Intire Crew Decided It Was Too Loud. Kind Of Funny Though...

Good Luck With The Horn!

Sean
              That's the thing about the horns -- no volume control! If it works out, I'll make sure to catch some video. Thanks, Sean!

Comment

Empress,

Check out Fright Props (frightprops.com). I think they have some sirens/horns.

Steve Orihood
                Fright Theatre Productions
                www.frighttheatre.com
                frighttheatre@yahoo.com
                (937) 829-1717

Comment

emp-

since your taking the car apart you might as well take the front fender, head lights windshield, heck just through the whole car in the haunt and have it turn on when guests walk by!

Sean
                  Sean De Wane
                  The De Wane Asylum
                  www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

give the first actor in the maze a cheap bag of air horns (I think $1 at Wal-Mart, party supplies)... and when they signal, send in another group. This way you know that the first group is well into the maze! -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Aoooogaaaa

Emp,

You may have luck going down to your local Pep Boys or auto store and getting a fun old style AOOOOOGAAAAA Horn. My local Pep Boys has them and they are around $30.00.

I have used one in my clown scenes for years. I went to Radio Shack and purchased a 12 volt to wall plug adapter and hooked up the horn. As for a switch for the horn, I simply plug the AC adapter (12v) into a power strip cord and just flip the switch for that nice AOOOOGA sound. It is really loud, but can be muffled if need be by putting cotton in the horn.

You get a nice horn and fun sound all in one shot. Again, great for clown scenes.
                      Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

i got the ecoblast air horn (all you do is pump compressed air into it) so you can reuse it over and over instead of having those disposble ones. I ended up just taking the horn off and hardwiring it to a small air compressor- therefore i just hit the air release and "music to the ears"- another group goes. Or if you didn't want to be really creative, you could always use walkie talkies.
                        Ben
                        Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

Go to Lowes and check out their buzzers and door bells they have some that are wicked, like the old bell type or old sounding buzzers. It's worth a look, good luck and let us know how it worked.
                          Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 09-23-2007, 05:42 PM.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

And if you ever have an outdoor Radio Shack speaker that quits working don't throw it away just dig the wasp nest out of it and it will work again.
                            First put a contract out on the wasps before attempting this, call Mr. Raid.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X