Problems with ohio's new codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with ohio's new codes

I have been in operation in the same location with the same haunts for 8 years. I have NEVER had any problems with the fire deptment or the local govement. Now all of a sudden with these news codes the state is threatning to shut me down. To make a kong story short, these new codes so to speak are not being enforeced upon all haunts in Ohio. My question is what can they do if I open up as usual without there aproval and new permits? Is it a fine? I am just weighing my options. Any input from those haunt owners in Ohio would be nice?

One of two things can happen , and most likely more,
    One they issue you a cease and desist immediately order, Two they give you a bring it up to code in 30 days notice. Shouldnt piss off the local authorities either way!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

The best thing to do is comply. Work with your local FM on a solution that will work otherwise you risk being shut down.

The reason the laws are not uniformly enforced is because the state does not have the time or resources to go after every haunt. Unfortunately this means there are some unsafe practices going unchecked.

In the past few weeks I have learned a lot about Ohio's laws and why they are suddenly being enforced more. It seems that the new state FM had some bad experiences with haunts in his home town (boarded up windows, blocked exits, etc...) so he wants to make sure that haunts are safe and complying with Ohio code. This is the word that has gone down to the local FM level through a meeting last week as well other communications.

I know for a fact that the new state FM is NOT out to shut down haunts. He just want to make sure we are safe.

Barry

Comment

Working...
      X