Halloween Productions animated ratllersnake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Productions animated ratllersnake

I have a rattler snake from Halloween Productions that is suppose to spit water. When I put the water tube in a bucket of water it still does not squirt and only squirts air. How do I get it to spit water. I have a polar bear head as well that is suppose to do the same thing but can't get it to spit water either. The water tubes are in the water but the water just isn't getting up the tube. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    -Scott

I don't have a prop like this but my first thought would be to prime the pump first.

Comment

There is no pump to prime. The sprayer uses vacuum pressure created by the air flowing through the airline. As the air flows through the line, it creates vacuum pressure which causes water to move up the water hose.

I have one of their spitting bear heads as well. It took a little experimenting with the location of the water bottle, the lenth of the water hose and air PSI to get it to work. You may have to shorten the distance between the water container and the prop. How far is the water hose inserted into the air hose? What PSI are you using?

Check out this thread on Haunt Forum http://hauntforum.com/showthread.php...hlight=spitter
      Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 09-25-2007, 11:07 AM.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I dont know if this could be the problem but you might check your hoses to make sure nothing is clogging them? Sometimes mineral deposits might build up and stop flow of water/ or air? Just a thought.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

They're all right, but I just thought that I would chime in as well. The vacuum is a function of the psi (technically the velocity, but to make things simple we'll leave this alone) in the airlines and the length of the hose.

First thing to do is blow through the tube to make sure that you can easily force air through. If you can, check your air pressure to see that it is adequately high (I'm thinking if it is less that 75 or so psi you might need to crank it up) and if that's not it, try moving the water container to a new location closer to the mouth of the prop.

If you're still having problems, write back and I'll talk to you about how to check and see if the internal stuff is still all okay but I'd rather not discuss trade secrets in an open forum.

Good luck!
          Kip Polley
          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
          We Engineer Fear

Comment

..and don't put your mouth on the hose if it is the same hose you had shoved down your sewer line last night trying to unplug your sewer line.with water pressure.
            Boil the hose in a cauldron, make soup.
            "Puts hair on your chest!"
            (For some reason my Sister never wanted to partake of anything that our Father told us would make hair grow on her chest?)
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

thanks everyone, I did get it to work. Everyone's help is greatly appreciated.
              -Scott

Comment

Working...
              X