Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new, again

HI there again,
    I read the book from Raycliff Manor and got LOTS of info. I am still however, unclear about how to get over my main obstacle. We live in Lancaster County, PA so there are lots of farms/Amish people, blah blah. How in the world do I approach someone to see if we ccan rent their land? Whats the criteria for this? Hi, we want to open a haunted venue, can we rent your land for 6 months of the year? Oh, and can we put a barn/structure right there??? How do I approach this? AND!!! How much would be too much to pay for a few acres?
    Thanks in advance!!!

Oh and does anyone know of any recent surveys concerning haunted venues that may have been done within the last 3 years?

Surveys in the haunted house field are really pretty rare, it seems to me.
    Knowledge gleaned from any survey might be valuable to some people in certain markets but applying it across the board ? No, probably not.
    Land values run the gamut and zoning for agricultural uses might make putting up a haunted business pretty tricky?
    Don't most Amish people sort of have a reputation for being very conservative in their dealings? Most farmers around here are, I know that.
    Your dream is going to require alot of footwork, skill and energy to begin to make it come to pass, Good Luck.
    (I am not implying that it is impossible, everyone gave my haunt-dream "0" chance for success too)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You might not believe me, but the Amish/Mennonite people in my area are very money hungry. I'm only looking for a piece of land after all, not their entire acreage. If everyone gave you a "0" percent chance of success, how did u do? Are you successful now?

Comment

even 20 years ago, Lancaster county and the area around the county airport became the home for the rich Pennsylvanians, the Mellons, Carnegie heirs, all the CEOS of US Steels and so on. If you are in the Amish section, I would feel these aren't going to be your customers as you are sort of celebrating a pagan ritual of sorts. Closer to the airport is commercial like where people all trapse to see the air shows.

The county airport is also a well known landmark because of these air shows for a good 200 mile radius, so you could get customers willing to travel from far away due to the familiarity with the area.

As far as asking? You just do. I have this and it makes this and you could get this? Does that sound like something you would be interested in?
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Hey, Teacup4Us.... or should I say HI LANCASTER COUNTY NEIGHBOR!!!

Please check your Private Mail and get back to me at Info@HauntedVentures.com

Thanks!

The Haunter's Depot
          www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

i dont think you would need a few acres to do a haunt.why dont you shoot for a half acre on your first year?

Comment

Working...
            X