Life Is Full Of Surprises!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Is Full Of Surprises!

Friday night we were surprised when half way through the tour my employees noticed definately strong odors of dope-smoking coming from a very elderly couple in the group!?
    Then last night a woman needed to write us a personal check at the ticket window, we don't accept personal checks except when mailed a week in advance.
    "But I know "so-in-so", I'm in law enforcement."
    I told my wife to ask to see the woman's cop-I.D.
    The woman flipped out her F.B.I. identification! Jessica (my Wife) got to hold it in her hand and practise flipping it open and closed several times, I guess it was a pretty neat little item the way it worked?
    By then she was standing beside our off-duty county sherriff who said if the woman wrote bad checks that she wouldn't be having that I.D.!
    Nice to know.
    You have never "Seen it all" when dealing with the public.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Of Course

Now your house and all of it's resources are listed with Homeland Security. Maybe you will get a grant to provide interrogation and detention?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

On a more serious note...

As of a few months ago, we have entered the world of electronic banking. Checks under $25 are automatically honored and posted toward the writers account so they can get the $28 NSF Fee. The only way they aren't good is if the bank account was cancelled and the theif continues to run around writting checks. This is a very low percentage of low lives who to some degree will look like a low life.

The whole system is intended for the existing, federally insured banks to be able to get the funds instead of independent check cashing services and check authorization systems.

Now the readers scan the numbers on the check and you hand back the check to the writer. Just like a debit card it is there or it isn't. It's a judgment call as to wether fee is worth all of this technology and finding a service willing to put the machines out for just say two months could be arranged. Many of these services are becoming authorized and systems distributed by your local bank.

Debit cards and scanning of credit cards is becoming so common place it is indeed like the commercials where making change slows things down.

Like many things it may take time for all the regions to be fully equipped and have competative rates.

You could have Raven's Grin Inn Gift cards! The smallest denomination would be $25 so at $12 per person this is good for two visits or 2 people one time and that extra $1 is locked in some kind of haunted purgatory. It pays for the half inch link chain that they wear the card around their neck.

Do not wear near bodies of water or where strong magnets are in use.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

A very elderly person I know said recently that she was out of "human" money!?
        Human money versus credit card plastics and various other machine spindled and mutillated products. Human money, that old green paper and metal stuff!
        We are becoming obsolete?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Credit Cards

For the last decade I have opened every credit card offer and taken out the little sample credit card that says your name or your business name here. I throw the application in the trash and put the prized little sample in a drawer. Some times I get a little excited that I actually got something in the mail.

Someday I will glue all the cards to a wall waiting for someone to ask...

Customer: Do you take credit cards?

Me: Yes, (rotate panel to show hundreds of cards) and we don't give them back!
          sigpic

Comment

I keep those "Your Name Here" credit cards, they find a home in my wallet, this way I have something plastic and bulky in there to impress illiterate pick-pockets with.
            Credit card thievery will end as soon as missing credit card numbers will activate the Death Ray technology satellites and the crook is fried right there at the Wall-Mart check out line!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Walmart.

Until the Satelite responds, its just S-mart and Boomsticks.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X