No announcement yet.

Unbelievable- Need Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad, truly sad. Can't beat you fair and square so the resort to cheap tactics.

I agree the Police need to be notified, but I would also look into ways around with advertising.

Do they NOT realize there is room for multiple haunts in one city?

In Chattanooga, Tennessee there are a total of 15 haunts within a 50 mile radius and population under 500,000!

Have you ever tried cross promoting or meeting w/ them to discuss how it would help to have 2 haunts?

Give me their phone number and I'll personally call them... Totally unbelievable. When will people wake up and realize it's co-opertition?

Comment

I can't say a whole lot more than what the others have said, other than reiterate the cross promotion thing.

Haunts are a very niche industry, especially since most of us don't operate year round. Our haunt is open 28 days to be exact. We're not exactly a dying breed, but we aren't in the hayday of haunts (IMO), like it was in the mid 90's. Drive In movie theaters have mostly died off. I suggest we all work together as a team to help build the haunt industry, rather than bicker and fight with each other for a month a year.

I recommend cross promoting with other haunts that aren't in the typical driving distance. IE, consider promoting with the haunt that's a 15-20 mile trip away from you, rather than the guys that are 3 miles down the road. Chances are, patrons coming to your haunt are aware of the other guys a few miles down the road, but they may not be familiar with the guys 20 miles away. And the same works in reverse. Patrons at the haunt 20 miles north of you may have never heard about you. But if they get a flyer at that haunt, it gives them more reason to come to your neck of the woods.

My 2c.
      -Brandon Kelm
      Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Wow and I thought I had problems. I agree you need to put up nightvision cameras and hid them really well. Also I would get a DVR and ask the police to check the property out at least once a night. Also maybe you can have some of your employees to do security inside the forest doing rounds for a couple years. Yes this may hurt your budget but it seems like it will be worth it. Also I incourage you to drive over to the other haunt and talk to them (Do not Accuse them of Stealing anything) For all you know it could be a couple punk teens in the area that broke in. So go over there and ask him if you and him cant become partners and cross promote. Also ask him if he cant show you what he does to secure his property. Or even if you give me a budget I could possibly come in an make that place fort knox. Let me know.
        5 years in the business and still ticking
        Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
        USSN

Comment

Working...
        X