Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Bags...

Had a quick question.

We're putting together an extremely disturbing torture room in our haunt this year. On the exiting door, I wanted a prop similar to a body bag with a body inside of it. I got the idea from Netherworld in Atlanta last year. They had a hallway full of sheets with bodies wrapped up in them, hanging from the ceiling. You had to push them out of the way to get through. They actually had the weight of a human body, and really messed with your head a little. I wanted to re-create this, without having to buy a full-sized body prop. Just wondering what the best way to achieve this would be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try a mattress store and get the boag from the mattress, thats what I used last year to hang bodies and it worked perfectly. Also they were FREE

Comment

Yeah, but what can I put inside of em?

Comment

There are a number of things that would suffice. However, there are two basic things that are involved. The skeleton (not literally a skeleton) and the "filling". An example of this is wrapping thick sheets/packing foam/crumpled newspapers around cardboard tubing and securing it with duct tape. That is one way to create the bodies' shape. Placing the body bag (trashbag/sheet) itself around the body and wrapping chains or tape over it would work as a finished product:

Last edited by Smiley; 10-08-2007, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Now I just gotta find a way to add some weight to it. The guests will actually be pushing it out of their way, so I need it to be at least 100 lbs.

Comment

Hmmm, weight.......Maybe fill the cardboard tubes with bags of sand or rocks.
            Last edited by Smiley; 10-08-2007, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah, guess I could do that, or use boards instead of cardboard tubes...guess i'll just have to try some different things.

Comment

Hmmm. Sounds like 100 pounds in a plastic bag with people pushing it around will fail quickly. We have heavy-duty plastic body bags that I believe we purchased from either Ghost Ride or Oak Island. The body is a Ghost Ride foam body form. Not cheap but they create a nice looking effect.

Comment

Yeah, well..i'm actually probably gonna use a sheet instead of plastic. Due to the weight issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X