Early numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early numbers?

For those of you that are already open how has your attendance been? We have two weekends under our belt and we are almost dead even with the same two weekends from last year. Fridays have been a little bit slower but we've made up for it on both Saturdays. I'm pleasantly surprised that biz is good. I really didn't know what to expect this year. How are you doing???

Same here Our Fridays were slower but Saturdays made up the difference we are close to 200 people ahead of last year.

Dean
    www.2scary.com

Comment

Our September was slow to begin with but ended up being second only to last September , which was our best Sept in five years (or something like that?)
      I thought it was slow because I personally was not dragging like a whipped dog and we had no helpers yet! ? Most Septembers I am in a perpetual track meet, waiting for more business to arrive to actually justify hiring helpers on a more steady basis.
      A year ago our October was down some, but if weather stays good or at least predictable in November it can be a very good month, but of course this doesnot always happen by any means, this is northwestern Illiniois, where the coldest temps are always recorded compared to the rest of the state.
      As soon as the leaves go orange and there's a nip in the morning air people will be thinking it is fall and time to go to haunts.
      I have had the first couple of October weeks be very slow because it still felt like summer to most people.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We are almost exactly where we were last year as well. We had a huge night last Saturday!

So far so good.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        Deadly Intentions Haunted House
        www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Last Saturday, unofficial opening night, we had roughly 95 patrons walk through (double that of last year's). We were suprised so many people arrived, due to the fact that we didn't advertise the haunted house was open that day.
          Last edited by Smiley; 10-08-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

A question coming from a patron:

I see that Fridays are slower and Saturdays seem more packed. So, does this mean that your haunts (or all haunts) are scarier and have more actors on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by s.fc90 View Post
              A question coming from a patron:

I see that Fridays are slower and Saturdays seem more packed. So, does this mean that your haunts (or all haunts) are scarier and have more actors on Saturday?
              People who participate in haunted houses (actors, make-up artists, and so on) are always giving 100% in what they do. Weither it be 400 patrons or 50 partons, we want all of them to be scared and have a good time. The amount of actors in a haunt waters down to how many signed up for the job and weither or not the actor has other matters to attend to that night (family emergency, caught the flu, etc.).
              Last edited by Smiley; 10-09-2007, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Same here... anyone notice a trend? Fridays are slower than last year but Saturdays are making up the difference. We are running a little over 200 ahead of last season.

We did some great numbers this weekend (last year) so hopefully we will stay on track if the trends continue.

Comment

RE: Early numbers?

I can't quote the exact figures from last year right off the top of my head, but based on what I've seen personally, we've definitely hit the ground running, with attendance being visibly larger than it was the same time last year. Our executive director said that our attendance this past Saturday alone was well over 700 people...
                  "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

We are up about 70% over last year and have better numbers then any other year. In addition we are getting some great exit surveys so I am hoping....
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

This past Sat. we had 36,000 people in the park (Kings Island, OH.) and approx. 4,312 through our particular attraction. We are open from 8-1am, that's 862 people an hour! So far so good... we are only expecting to be busier this weekend.

As for the Fri./Sat. issue... for us Fri. night is the best night to come because the park is not as crowded. We do have an actor issue though, because of OH. law; Our minor actors are REQUIRED to get a 30 min. break AND are required to clock out at 12:30.... Our attraction has 9 minors working it. So at any point of the night, our attraction will be very.... dead (Pardon the pun).

But when it's fully staffed, I'd say we are the best attraction at KI!

Just my .o15 cents. -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

oooh thanks guys. I see now. So its fine to go fridays then and I will. Nightgore, I dont think I'll have to be worrying about actors leaving by 1230 since i'll be going in between 8-9 PM. But yeah, thanks guys! This really helped a lot.

But why is it that fridays have lower attendance than saturdays?

Comment

Because our demographic are people that:

-Work during the week
                          -Have school
                          -Go to high school sporting events (football season)
                          -Saturdays are normally everyones "free" day
                          -After a week of work, Fri. night is time to relax!
                          -More people are able to travel farther on Sat.
                          -There is no school Sat. night! (yes, some schools, Fri. night is still a school night)
                          -Teens and adults go out on Sat. night
                          -So on and so forth!

-Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

When a particulair Friday or Saturday is slow I always wonder:"What was on tv tonight?"
                            Remember how the amount of water going through the New York sewer was drastically reduced when the Beatles were on The Ed Sullivan TV show?
                            The sewer plant workers can really tell when it's half-time of the tv football games too.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Fridays are as well slower then saturdays. I believe this is because one people work fridays, two highschool football is on friday nights. But like everyone else saturdays make up for it. We are doing awesome this year compaired to the previous five years.

Best of luck to everyone and a busy season to all
                              sean
                              Sean De Wane
                              ----------------------------------------------
                              The De Wane Asylum
                              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X