Most Uncreative Scares You've Witnessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Uncreative Scares You've Witnessed

We've seen our share. The actor who apparently loves to procrastinate, the prop that looks like a hunk of melted plastic with ketchup all over it, and the monster that has the biggest zipper in North America on his back. What is the the worst, the lamest, or the most uncreative scares you've witnessed?

Here's 2 of my favorites.

A "Dracula" portrayed by a less than 5 ft. woman. She was about as wide as she was tall. Very "bosomy", and wearing a cheap "Dracula" mask. Her cape was about 2 ft. long, almost came down to her waist. She was wearing a white Univ. of Virginia sweatshirt and jeans.

"Grrrrrrrrrrr", she said as she advanced on her bemused victims. Not the Jaycees' finest moment.

We had an incident in our haunted house as an actor was trying to get his mask back on and snap open a boo door. He first was "push"ing a "pull" door and didn't realize his mask was on UPSIDE DOWN, the mouth was up over his forehead. I was trailing the group and we all started laughing hysterically. One guy say, "I think that door opens in, Dude, and your head's on upside down."

Not our finest moment, maybe funniest.

KroneDaddy
    Hauntus Emeritus
    Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
    Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

"Most Uncreative Scares?"
      But if it "scares", it really doesn't matter how uncreative it was, does it?
      Shouldn't this be titled something like " How a Doofuss Tried To Scare Me?" or something like that? (indicating failure?)
      Many unseemly , rushed and unusual attempts at scaring often become trully scary. Like seeing someone rushing through the minimal light conditions, fumbling and stumbling towards you trying to pull on a mask. Will he fall on top of me or not? I was scared! Football without pads or helmet! hahahaha!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

RE: Most Uncreative Scares You've Witnessed

The most recent one that comes to mind was at one of the bigger budgeted haunts here in the Louisville-Southern Indiana area. An actor dressed as Michael Myers actually shuffled up to me, mumbled "Boo!" and went shuffling on into the darkness...
        "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

How about going to several different haunted houses and seeing the same friggin' animatronic in each of them.

Comment

Going through a dark maze outside when an actor come up to my wife and says "boo". She looked at him and said "You did NOT just say boo to me did you??"

All I could do was laugh...

Comment

The obligatory "chainsaw maniac at the exit" scare is very uncreative.

It sure is effective though.
              Guerilla Haunter

Comment

OMG!!! You mean I'm not supposed to say "Boo"?!

I always remember my own lame moments. For example, a couple years ago I was going to demonstrate to an actor the correct way to scare a group. A little training from an expert and all that. After instructing him to pay careful attention I brace myself, and when the next group arrives I explode into action.

It didn't go quite as I had planned. I burst from hiding and immediately trip over an empty pizza box. The frying pan -- which I had intended to throw into a metal sink -- misses and goes rocketing past the front on the group and out the door of the room. Fortunately no one in the group seemed to have actually noticed my face plant -- they were looking to see what the terrible clatter was from out in the hallway.

It was not my best moment.

It happened to me again the other night during some actor training. I was demonstrating the correct way to work a hidden door. You know, really attacking it. The exposed woodscrew left a nice three inch gash on my arm.

Of course, what I always tell actors is this. It doesn't matter how lame you are, you get another chance to be great in sixty seconds, and they don't have a clue how bad you just sucked.

Comment

I had a malfunction on my strobe remote I was holding a few years back. I was supposed to activate the strobe at the same time I slam a door and come running towards the group...well...the strobe malfunctioned...I slammed the door and ran towards the group.

The scare was gone...they stood there about 5 inches from my face and said..."what was that noise? Someone supposed to be here?"

Oh well...everyone has their moments...

Comment

In 2004, my 1st haunt, I had a Vampire rave scene with hottie girls raving on the dance floor. As the customers walked by the bar, a big vampire would pop out of the top of the bar. Worked great til the one night when the whole bar tipped over with him in it. To top it over, the other guy in the scene said, dude are you ok?

Then another time, a vampiress freaked out in front of customers cause she saw a spider!
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I have a bunch of very lame attempts at scare and they all come from the same 'Haunted' House.

A 8 year old kid in jeans, tshirt, Jason mask, and plastic hatchet yelling at me "get out". Now who was that kid suppose to scare? Oh yeah and it was the end scare of the house.

Same house different year, a maze in total darkness. Nothing jumps out at you, nothing feels weird, just walls covered in cardboard that you "have to find your way through or say you are too scared and they show you how to get out." The kicker is it really shoots thru-put in the arse. Our group walked around in there at least 5 minutes before we got bored to tears. In hindsite we should have just camped and seen how long they would let us "stumble around all scared"

Same house another year, warmers not using chainsaws(which can be scarey to most folks) but using a weed eater (sans string). Oh no he is going to trim the grass around me.

Same house one of the years, All rooms in the house consisted of the following thing. People enter room, lights go out, actors come into room. Cue strobe light and heavy metal music. Actors wave arms and gyrate. Told to continue by guide.

Said 'Haunted' House is the worst I have ever seen, and each year they impress me in how bad they are. I go back each year to suffer the many hours in line for pure junk, so I can learn what NOT to do.

Different house same town, guy in jeans, inside-out black tshirt that you can tell is an inside-out tshirt with a monkey mask wielding a VERY plastic hatchet.
                      www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Most uncreative scares?

The "I'm so scary when I stare at you through my party city mask" scares are the ones I see most of.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachWeaver View Post
                          Most uncreative scares?

The "I'm so scary when I stare at you through my party city mask" scares are the ones I see most of.
                          True, there is that one. Then there is this....

Room 1. Girl Screaming to "Get Out!"
                          Room 2. Girls in masks just screaming
                          Room 3. Bloody Girls Screaming
                          Room 4. Girls staring at you looking "scary"
                          Room 5. Girls screaming
                          Room 6. Girls with racoon eyes screaming
                          Room 7. Bloody chearleaders screaming
                          Room 8. Girls talking on their cellphones
                          Room 9. empty?
                          Room 10. Dot Room with girls in chearleader costumes screaming
                          Room 11. Guys in clown outfits looking silently "sinister"
                          Room 12. Guys talking to girls, ignoring guests
                          Room 13. Single girl screaming
                          Room 14. Chainsaws

Comment

I've been to that haunt! Wait a minute, I've been to at least eight of that haunt. I still remember a girl screaming in each ear in one haunt. Hetrodyne sound.

Comment

I think a trophy for the klutz haunt-actor would be a figure standing with a puzzled look on their face, mask sitting on top of their head with the eternal flashlight light pointing straight up from their back pocket, shinning brightly, letting everyone know just where they are.
                              "Why aren't these people getting scared?"
                              Yes this has happened to me too!
                              Being open every night (almost) of the entire year gives me SO MANY more opportunitys to screw-up!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X