Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to brag

Haunted House Makes National News

Terror On 10th (Dr. Haunt’s Terror On Tenth) in Amarillo, Texas, has been in the National News for 2 weeks, because of a hanging man "kicker" that is hanging from a billboard over our haunted house. Attendance is up about double last years opening weekend. Just heard minutes ago, we are on CNN now. Last week we started a new web site-- www.LetHimHang.com and have had good response. The Website has been an immediate marketing hit, and on the second day we had 2000 hits after being on Fox News. We even heard from people as far away as England, telling us not to take it down. We have had lots of emails, photos, news reports and conversation on the site about the hanging man we call Mr.Twitcher.

Thought you would like to know.

Joey Adams
    drhaunt@drhaunt.com
    www.drhaunt.com
    www.lethimhang.com

Thats great! Let him hang! Exactly!
    I love it!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Great Idea

This type of exposer is priceless!

Congrats, this will boost your sales this season I'm sure. Better get ready for crowd control issues.

Good Luck!
      Tony Wohlgemuth,
      Comes up with the fun stuff!
      Kersey Valley, Inc.
      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Haha... Thats awesome. Looks GREAT. Let him hang.

Comment

Some people will complain about anything! let the man hang in peace I say!

Great advertisement. Now thats thinking outside the box, or in this case noose

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Outstanding job! Great idea with the hanging man! Congrats on the coverage!

Kel
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Great advertisement. Years ago, one of the local radio stations had a billboard that said "Turn your dial to (station), or I'll jump", with a dummy sitting on the top of the billboard. It was a big deal here in town, too. I thought it was genius.
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

we have one up here in Green Bay which shows a man painting a billboad and 3/4 of it is painted but the rest of it is white. Their is a dummy hanging from the billboard gripping the edge with one hand with a paint bucket in the other. I laugh ever time I see it. The sad part is I dont even know what is being advertised.

Sean
                Sean De Wane
                The De Wane Asylum
                www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I think that is awesome!!!! I think every haunt in the nation will be doing that next year...the PR is priceless!!!

We'll throw that in the next magazine!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

When my Spookmobile was still looking normal I had a suitcase on the luggage rack, open, with a skeleton head and arm sticking out in a waving posture along with several pieces of bright clothing flapping in the breeze.
                    A trucker pulled up alongside of our car as we were roling down the four lane and held out a pair of blue jeans, waving them to get our attention, trying to tell us that our suitcase was open!
                    What he thought of the boney head and arm sticking way out of the open suitcase, I don't know?

I don't know about the hanging man display out in public for everybody to consider?
                    Hanging has always seemed to be a popular method of suicide among teenagers and a high number , % of young people try to go this way....displaying such a thing might be akin to the first time the movie "The Deer Hunter" was on network TV and quite a number of people were found to be losers in a Russian Roulette game, not a Milton Bradley product!
                    Maybe those fools would have tried it without the movie making it seem "exciting"? Maybe we as a society didn't need those particulair people to be alive and with us anymore? I am sure though that alot of emotional pain was created among the family, friends of the victims........and now they may be forced to re-live those feelings and moments when simply driving down a certain highway as they glance up at a billboard?
                    It doesn't seem quite right now does it?
                    Paying for a haunt ticket, going inside, the customer has made a certain decision, this is very different from what I just mentioned.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

regaredless if it was correct or not is was a great PR stunt. More people need to think outside the box when it comes to advertising their haunt.

Sean
                      Sean De Wane
                      The De Wane Asylum
                      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                      X