No announcement yet.

How do you scare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not going to go into much detail because it vary so so so much depending on he group how well of a scare you're going to get what kind, and how you should approach it.

But...

Two things that have been working really well for me is using my heighth to my advantage, im quite short and can move quietly, so i use that to sneak up inches behind someone. More often than not if they're in a group the reactions on their friends faces will trigger an alarm to them and they spin around see me and freak. But occasionally i will shake my head and indicate to their friends not to react to me and target one or two lone people..i will move right up behind them and gently blow on the back of their neck with a rasping noise....then duck FAST.....because more often than not the person you blow on will quickly flail about in an attempt to turn around and get away from whatever they think is behind them.

Also working out front in the Q line u get to know the people you work wiht very well, so use that knowladge to set up a scare. Alot of the guys i work with we do a very straightforward setup. One character will engage a patron or a set of patrons and the other partner will sneak up behind them. The first patron will tell the group that all they have to do in order to get them to go away is play a game. usually the group says yes and the first character say count to three and turn around, at this point one of two things happen, they either turn around withought a second thought encounter the second character and freak out, or they realize that they have been set up then get to scared to turn or even move.

its hysterical when they work right

Odette
    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

What I've done

As soon as they walk in the room I start taking about what ever scene the haunt has me in like for the 2 years i was in a graveyard. I can raise my voice from my chest almost like an amp i do that at the ones that seem more scared.

My lines i love to use:
      Rest In Damnation,Meat bags,Worm food,That they pathetic feces,Maggots,Baldy,Blondie, I can wait to bash their skull with my shovel, Hell is like heaven after what we will put you though, I can't wait to see you bleed.
      Heart warming things like that.

I used a shovel to make a loud cracking noise behind them.

I can laugh at high pitches like Mark Hamill's Joker from Batman TAS.

I also can roll back my eyes.

Here is a couple videos of me one is a movie and one is me in action.

i'm the 1st guy on the 2nd video
      Rest In Damnation

http://frightsite.com

http://corpsecast.libsyn.com

Comment

I "Get To Know" Them too!

After about 90 minutes as I lead them through my house.
        Want to scare the more timid one hiding behind the braver one?
        I have a pitch black spot where everyone naturally hesitates. As the brave one moves into this extreme darkness I pinch a collar or arm(I can see them) and gently pull them towards me. Often times this works, that person not crying out or really making any warning sound, then I place them beside of me in this darkness as we watch the victim move toward us, thinking everything is all right because of no reaction from the first, braver person.
        Then all I do is take my finger off of the little kill-switch, which turns the light on as I make a "Meow" which startles or scares them but at the same time possibly reassures them because it just might be a real animal,.. cat?
        Of course if the first person walking into the dark happens to scream as I go to pull them towards me, so much the better as this scares the people behind them. ("they screamed !? And they are braver than me!!??")
        Some things that I do when I'm running the house by myself I do not want my October employees doing since the situation is so different then. The customers and the employee do not get to spend 90 minutes with one another and touching the "wrong" person is not something that should be happening.
        I also believe that this is why I have never been punched by a customer (am I cursing myself by publically saying this now?) They see and hear me and see what I am not doing to them throughout the tour so very possibly a trust developes, they trust me not to do or say certain aggressive things.
        I am too busy slowly creeping into their conscious perceptions and planting little doubts which can play very well as their tour here progresses......
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not speaking at all. Grunting and snorting like a pig would.
          Found that a spot light is very effective. You can sort through the crowd and single one out and have at it. Cut the light off and every time they see the light hit them they usually take off.
          I work the Q lines and ticketing so creeping into the lines and standing right at someones back or beside them until they turn my direction and let it play out from there. I will go to the bleachers and sit next to someone eating and minding my own business. Usually clears the area around me. I think it's the sweat running out of my pig nose. lol
          My problem is that they see me so much that by the end of the night I am doing photo shoots non stop but that is what the owner wants. A personality that will play the crowd and interact
          StackerSteve
          LoT 27
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Working...
          X