Helpful tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful tips

Hey so i volunteered tp work for a local haunt. Odds are i'm gonna wear my evil clown costume and what not.

It appears the room will have an animatronic jack-in-the-box and while they are focusing on that i will surprise them.

Any tips? Any witty things to say outside the cliche growl or yell or the like?

Thanks!

Need Some tips, Diagram of room included

Ok i've decided that since this wasn't getting any replies, maybe i should provide more info.

I'm no longer working the clown room although i still have the clown costume and mask.

I'm now working the Slaughterhouse rooms, basically there is a little wall seperating me from the customers, and the room has alot of blood on the walls, rats, body parts, a table complete with a dead body and what not.

Plus there is a strobe. It also has a curtain on the side which i could probably use to scare the customers again as they round the corner although i haven't been doing that.

Currently i'm hiding in the corner, and as soon as the customers come through the curtain and into view i jump out and give a generic yell. I then follow them alonng the base of the wall while banging a machette.

So i'm looking for some tips or some advice to additional things i can try because i don't think my current thing is working. I usually scare the first person although it's not a scream scare, it's just a startle if that.

I've included a sort of diagram so you can follow what i'm trying to say.

Any advice or how you'd work the area is appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Is the wall sturdy enough that you can get on top or climb on and come at them from above?

have you tried to pretend like your eating the bodies and when they come in dive at their feet or kind of lunge at them? pet the rat and talk to it when they come in that should freak them out a little

compare their body parts to the ones that you already have and make comments about it. If you don't have a mask try sniffing them when you do this.

I'd have to see pictures to make other suggestions.

Comment

Try thinking of your character as a cross between Robin Williams and Jack Nicholson as "The Joker". If you've got a prop severed hand, approach a scared looking customer and go, "You came here?! I gotta give you a big hand!!" Try lines like "I've seen better heads on a mug of beer!" or "What a lively crowd!...FOR NOW!!!" (I've also had this visual gag running in my head for awhile now, but I think it might be a little hard to pull off, a psycho clown making balloon animals out of bloody entrails.)
        "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Vanderdark View Post
          Try thinking of your character as a cross between Robin Williams and Jack Nicholson as "The Joker". If you've got a prop severed hand, approach a scared looking customer and go, "You came here?! I gotta give you a big hand!!" Try lines like "I've seen better heads on a mug of beer!" or "What a lively crowd!...FOR NOW!!!" (I've also had this visual gag running in my head for awhile now, but I think it might be a little hard to pull off, a psycho clown making balloon animals out of bloody entrails.)
          I like that. It could work.

Comment

In my opinion clowns are the most fun to play because you can take it just about as far as you want to go. And it's more believeable to the crowd. They've never seen a demon before. They've never really been chased by some crazed lunatic with a chainsaw through the yard. But they've seen clowns before and they already know clowns are a little weird. And you can take their preconcieved notion and run wild with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost River Duck View Post
              In my opinion clowns are the most fun to play because you can take it just about as far as you want to go. And it's more believeable to the crowd. They've never seen a demon before. They've never really been chased by some crazed lunatic with a chainsaw through the yard. But they've seen clowns before and they already know clowns are a little weird. And you can take their preconcieved notion and run wild with it.
              Yeah it makes things alot easier. I don't get the whole "Clown Phobia" but alot of people seem to have it, which really plays to my advantage.

I'll try some of the ideas. I sort of did the rat thing although i wasn't talking to it, i like the hand suggestion.

I only have 4 days to work, weather pending, so i'll see how it goes.

Russ, the wall is NOT sturdy enough for that so that's not an option, lunging at their feet wouldn't work either.

If all goes well, i'll have pictures after this Friday.

Comment

Is the separating wall solid or slatted?
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Originally posted by SpFXChic View Post
                  Is the separating wall solid or slatted?
                  Solid but not solid enough for me to stand on or anything like this.

It's just like a waist high wall.

Comment

what i would do is wait until the first people are almost in the room, then shout gibberish at the top of your lungs in their face. run back beside the wall with an arm or something and pretend youre eating it so everyone can see.
                    Dead Acres is the place to be...
                    5 miles east of 270 in Pataskala, OH.

Comment

Talk normally, maybe even quietly and earnestly approach someone who doesn't seem scared or offended by you approaching them and ask them if they lost their watch or cell phone or wallet? Then show them one such item and as they are looking at it quietly pull out or shine a flashlight on a huge pile of such "lost" items.....then lowly laugh in as deep of a voice as you can create, losing eye-contact with them focusing on just the item in question as your whole body language changes getting lower, head down moving into what might be considered their "space".
                      If the lost items are cell phones they could all turn on and begin that last hysterical pleading for mercy just before they got it!
                      Or maybe show them a cell phone photo capturing such a last desperate moment of the owner of the item.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X