Line Advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Advice...

For the past few Halloweens, I've been an actor that has only used wicked laughter, yelling, and moans to scare patrons (vocal wise). This has worked quite well for me, but now I believe a little variety wouldn't hurt.

For some reason, I can't come up with any overly frighting lines for my wicked clown character. So, any advise (or lines you've used in the past) thrown my way would be very helpful.

Give us something to work with. What's the character, set, lighting, ect? Available props?

Comment

To be honest, there isn't much depth. The character's an evil clown, that's it.

I'm free to roam around the maze-like grounds, and free to scare in anyway I see fit (popping out of corners, running behind groups, and so-on). There are rooms in which scenes take place, but I'm hesitant to enter when a group is there. Because I don't want to ruin an actor's dialog or throw them off balance.

Lighting changes throughout the "carnival". There are christmas lights (one of my favorite spots involves a stand alone, green, bright christmas light), black lights, and red spot lights.

Each room has its own props, books, a couple bottles, plush toys (nailed to the walls), skinned body parts, bats and rats. A little something I like to walk around with is a bloody (hard foam) hand saw.

As a sidenote, I plan on wearing a prosthetic that makes half my face appear to be skinned off.
      Last edited by Smiley; 10-15-2007, 03:29 PM.

Comment

So a freaky clown who does Q line and roams. Well obviously you are free to prank the patrons a little so... I'm thinking Id play the role creepy but not TOOO scary. Get in the mirror and work on little nuances to the character. Work up a bit were you approach the teenage girls and eyeball her like your sizing her up. Then lean in and sniff her, invading her space a little. This should put her in her dates arms and he'll love you for it. Don't screw with her too much though or he'll have to defend her and the fun ends right there. But sniff her and in the creepiest voice you a can muster say something like, "emmm, beef jerky". Then lean in to smell the next one and hit the air horn in your jacket pocket. Then, and this is most important of all... you ready... leave. Just like scaring in the house, the bit last a few seconds, then it's over. after that, your just on their nerves.

But get in front of the mirror and work up the character, become him and the lines will come natural. But q lining, being creepy is were it's at. Scary is saved for the house.
        Last edited by Ghost River Duck; 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I also do a freaky clown but my lines tend to be more offencive then scary. I figure the point is to entertain your guests so if you can get them laughing and having a good time by insulting on of their friends then thats what I do. I try to find the smallest girl in group and call her "large" or smell guys necks or what not.

Just have fun witht he guests

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

OH yeah and a good comeback line for smart A patrons, especially if you're playing a clown

"'preciate you dressing up for us tonight, sir, but we've hired all the clowns for this season" And turn around and skip off to make sure you got the last word in. Hey, this is entertainment ain't it?

Comment

Ah, perhaps I should have mentioned: Groups are lead by a guide who simply loves to wisecrack and talk whenever he can. To keep the group entertained during those not-so-scary spots.
              Last edited by Smiley; 10-15-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Bust back with something like, "if I had a dumb looking hair cut like that, I could have been a guild too" or a variation on a YO' mama joke like "your house is so small, the welcome mat just says "Well!"'. I don't know, be creative. Like I said, it's entertainment.

Comment

Ah, I see. Now I have something to work with.

Oh, when I said "loves to wisecrack", I ment he wisecracks the patrons. "Hey, you back there! Keep up! Our body bags are filled to the brim as it is."

Comment

So, is there anyone else who'd like to deposit their 10 cents?

Comment

Working...
                    X