Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Daylight Savings Time Affect the outcome of your Haunt this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Daylight Savings Time Affect the outcome of your Haunt this season?

By NOT changing the clocks has it helped you in the industry or did you NOT even see a difference? Since its getting darker later than it should.

If ? doesn't sound right, thats b/c I'm tired and its late. I can do a revision if needed later on.

Our numbers are up from last year, but I don't think it has anything to do with DST.

We open at dark (typically 7:30'ish) and close at 10 on Wed., Thur., Sun. and at 11:30 on Fri., Sat. Some nights we have 15 people in line before we open the gate, sometimes we have 50. Regardless, we stop selling tickets at 10 or 11:30 and we don't close the house until the last person has gone through.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Longer daylight time would mean our customers would have more -better driving conditions (maybe?) to attempt to get to us before dark really hits.
      An outdoor haunt might have a problem with too much light for their presentation.
      This potential problem can be worked around though. I find it often easier to scare people when they think they have all the light they need. They drop their guard.......
      More driving light could translate into customers feeling more comfortable driving to more haunts in one night?= $$!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Actually the DST change will not have affected you yet. The DST change went from being the last Sunday in October to the first Sunday in November so it really was not much of a change for our industry.

Comment

Working...
        X