Remedy For Swamp Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy For Swamp Mask

I was going to post this in the actors area, but thought many of you may be able to utilize a fun solution that dawned on me for the dreaded swamp mask (very similar to swamp a$$ depending on which end you use for your head). You know, when you are sweating and breathing in a mask and it builds up a nice gross layer of sweat.

We do a lot of face paint in our haunt, but still use a few masks in key areas and with that comes the actor discomfort with sweat and cold air.

So, female thin liners for underoos work out awesome for absorbing moisture (Thin Panty Liners are not just for the ladies anymore). They are great to use as the thin ones are nice and soft on the skin, do not make the mask to tight, and already have a self adhesive back to stick on the chin area of the mask or the neck. I even put them on the forehead portion of the mask to keep the sweat off my sunken scary brow.

Just got back from Wally's World and got their Equate version for around $4.00 for over a hundred of them. Seems like a good way to keep the actors happy and dry. I have a feeling the mask may stay on the head a little longer as well.

So, keep dry and make your customers cry!
    Last edited by milkunits; 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM.
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

They sell like a sweat headband in the Morris Catalog. It uses like a cool freezer pack similar too what you would put in an Igloo to help keep food cold. But I think its more for like an amusement park costume where you would really be out in the sun and would really be getting overheated. Maybe you could make one similar? But my philosphy is if your not sweating your not scaring nobody! A little sweat never hurt anyone at least your having fun doing it!
    Damon
    Jim I know what your thinking if you read that last line. lol!
    Damon Carson

Comment

Agreed on the sweat part

Totally agree with you there. As our last couple nights here in Colorado have been rainy and cold, I notice the masks more off the head then on it

I will admit, even I have to release the skin from within the latex walls every now and then.

With the liners of panty delight in place I notice warmth and less petri dish material growing on the inside of the mask.

I am just like you probably in the fact that taking the mask off never happens unless completely necessary, but I am trying to make it better for those that complain or the likes.
      Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Great advice. Its fun to come up with new creative ways to everyday objects.

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
        X