Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell-o from someone new to all this!

Greetings all.
    I'm new to this and am here to get ideas and help.
    I'm an old friend of Ben Armstrong's (of Netherworld fame) and he's inspired me to start my own haunt.
    We're in the planning stages right now. We're hoping to call it "Warehouse 13" and center the story around a mythical madman who liked to make things out of the bones of his victims.
    Our inspriation for his creations is the Sedlec Ossuary in the Czech republic.

http://www.jeffshanberg.com/czech-re...I3615.jpg.html

Over 40 thousand people died in a plague of the 1200's and the bones were used for everything in the cathedral.
    Unlike the cathedral, the images won't be religious for obvious reasons.
    It's not much but it's a start.
    Looking forward to learning a lot here.
    Pedro Bedard
    Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

All I can think of to say is WOW

Comment

Wow is right, good luck

Comment

Everytime I see photos of that place, I'm simply amazed. The depth that is revealed in the "tunnel" of femurs and skulls says a lot about how many people actually died during that time period. Are you planning on wiping out the Bucky stock in order to decorate your haunt in that fashion? LOL.

Best of luck on starting up! You'll definitely find a lot of unique ideas and helpful folks here.
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Originally posted by SpFXChic View Post
          Everytime I see photos of that place, I'm simply amazed. The depth that is revealed in the "tunnel" of femurs and skulls says a lot about how many people actually died during that time period. Are you planning on wiping out the Bucky stock in order to decorate your haunt in that fashion? LOL.

Best of luck on starting up! You'll definitely find a lot of unique ideas and helpful folks here.
          Keep in mind that when you see one of those "pyramids", there are two. One on each side of the cathedral.
          They esitmate that the bones of 40000 people were used. There are even bones inside the walls as filler.
          Creepy.

Comment

Jeff, We did an area like this 2002 at our Haunt. We utlized cases of the foam bones from Sunstar Industries at Transworld. You would have to set up a wholesale account but the savings is worth it. We glued them into place with PL Urethane adhesive and used minimal screws till they were dry. After we removed the screws so if one broke loose it wouldn't be a poke hazard. We them coated them with modified stucco with afine tipped hopper gun. This added alot of durability to them.

I love this look as well, check out the Creeps Liar in Jeepers Creepers, they were also inspired!

Matt
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Working...
            X