Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ill huff and puff and blow your haunt down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill huff and puff and blow your haunt down!

So tonight a mini tornado hit my fairgrounds where my haunt is. Nothing with the main haunt but I had a little walkway connecting our Q line to the haunt blew down. Have not been there myself, but a few of my crew has & said it looks like the Titanic. GULP. So anyhow, we are going there tomorrow AM and gonna try to straighten everything up before 7PM. So you really would like to own a haunt, huh? lol!!!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Update?

We've been watching the weather... nasty out there and wondering how you're doing. Much damage?
    Michael Inks
    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
    www.geistentertainment.com
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

I hope it was far less damage than expected and easy to rectify Ron! You deserve a smooth and hugely successful season my friend! Congrats on the RFR coverage! Knock 'em dead this weekend!!!

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Storms in North East WI have been wild and crazy this month. Tornados. high winds, hail you name it we had it. So far no major damage to our haunt. Although we had a bunch of crows attached to the front of our house which are now gone. I guess if thats the only this missing or broke I can deal with it. Hopefully the weather stays nice this weekend.

Has anyone else seen a low turn out this year due to weather?

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Crows are usually hard to keep around. I found alot of corn feed spread about the shingles will usually keep there nearby. Maybe a cool birdbath that spills out blood from the mouth of a skull would help too! No not to make light of anything. There weather has been crazy here too. What the hell is up with tornadoes in October.?! This weather is nuts! Jim Warfield may be able to help with that crow situation though he keeps a large raven near his place usually!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes. Fortunately I have a few REALLY great cast members that came out and we were able to fix everything in about one and a half hours.

This whole thing reminded me though. How many of you have a storm alert thing at your box office, or how are you kept abreast of the weather? Do any of you have any emergency plans incase of a tornado etc? I really had never given any thought to that but now I have at least thought about it and know what I would do.....

Anyhow, best of luck this weekend kids! This is kinda like our Superbowl.....

Comment

Although we were missed by all three storms last night....Here's a few pics from four blocks from the haunt.
              http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ri/Storm%2007/

About one third of the city is still without power, along with a few of our actors, we still managed to put on a good show for a surprizingly good turn out.
              http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

WOW< That looks terrible. Glad you guys survived!

Comment

This city's tornado warning siren is about a block and a half from The Ravens Grin Inn.
                  It makes a sound like a World War Two air raid siren, so either a big gusty wind is approaching or I am in a time warp and I'm under the German Blitz of London?
                  The wine cellar and adjacent concrete tunnels could hold quite a number of people in the event of a tornado, it did once before May 18th, 1898 and everyone in it survived just swell.
                  Of course they are all very dead now.
                  It was all just "Moot Point" then I guess?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We had a similar incident happen here a couple weeks ago during construction...
                    We are located under a pavilion (open-air) and we put up the walls around it and had half of it braced...I was grabbing bracing for the other side when tornado like winds (one hit 4 miles away) ripped the panels up and into what was braced along with about an inch of water...the two of us were standing there less than a minute prior...
                    We just watched it take a pounding and said afterwards...2 options...quite or rebuild...we REBUILT!!!
                    We've had strong winds that keep pulling up our ceiling tarps/plastic some...but other than that we're trucking along...
                    Hopefully business picks up as it did last night for tonight and the next weekend!

First year and learning,

Kirk - Dark Illusion Entertainment
                    (finally doing it!)
                    Kirk Boemmel
                    Dark Ghost Manor
                    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X