Hauntworld.com Stats/Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld.com Stats/Info

So far... Hauntworld seems to be on pace to do 1.8 to 2 million visits for October 2007. In September we had about 500,000 so we're looking like an explosion compared to 2006.

For my own haunted house's here in St. Louis, we advertise directly on myspace. We spent about $7,500.00 for 3 million impressions and the click through rate is HORRIBLE! We have about 3,000 click thrus so far for $7,500.00. Needless to say I will NEVER do this again.

Guess what... and I have the FACTS TO PROVE IT, Hauntworld will send your website MORE traffic than MYSPACE ad program. Hauntworld is now sending so much traffic to haunted houses is OUTRAGOUS!

To those who didn't buy a banner, or a featured listing you should consider SHOOTING YOURSELF right now!!!! LOL

You love Hauntworld you hate Hauntworld doesn't matter...facts are facts and Hauntworld is NOW A MACHINE that sends haunted attraction owners BUSINESS and tons of BUSINESS!

I'm in total shock right now just how much business we're sending people. What has happened is that consumers are not looking on places like myspace or whatever to find haunts, they're looking on Hauntworld.com and sites just like it when they want to browse all the haunts in one location. This has become the new way for consumers to SHOP AROUND for a haunt to visit. Face it folks this is the new trend and it makes a lot of sense I can tell you.

Funny thing is thanks to sites like Hauntworld, I talk to people in my lines big groups from Chicago, Memphis, and more. Last night I talked to a group from Chicago something like 20 people all made a night of it...the other night 15 from Kansas City, and the same night 12 or 14 people from Memphis. All said the same thing... Hauntworld.com. It made me proud I can tell you that.

I NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER thought this site would be doing this kind of traffic but it is, and the traffic just keeps doubling EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Cost to run this site are going through the roof, because to keep the damn thing on line without crashing I have to keep moving to bigger servers. I also had to move my Scarefest.com off my server and because of all the overdraw on gigs I'm paying an extra $2,000.00 to host Scarefest all because of Hauntworld.com.

I had to turn off all the flash, optimize all the graphics, remove stuff, everything you can think off to keep this site from crashing. I also had to order another 5 gig of hard drive added to my server for downloads. I had to add another hard drive for databases (why the message board went down) and the list goes on.

So far we've sent 520,456 direct banner hits to websites, that doesn't include hits from your listings that is just banners. In total Hauntworld.com so far has sent over 1,000,000 direct hits to haunted attraction websites.

If you make that into potential dollars you're talking MILLIONS of dollars all from Hauntworld.com to haunted attraction owners.

Hauntworld is only going to grow and grow, by being the host on Travel Channel specials, more and more people telling other people about Hauntworld, the use of sites like Hauntworld to shop haunts, and the PR that Hauntworld.com gets and so on and so forth.

I'm hoping we can keep the site up and running and continue to send YOUR business buyers for your tickets!!!!

Here are the latest stats for the top 10 states... these are hits to these stats banners. Keep in mind some states have more banners so they get more hits. You have to remember some states like California and Florida would have a TON of banners hits if we had more haunts who bought banners. But here is the top 10.

1. Ohio 69,063
    2. PA 63,598
    3. New Jersey 50,270
    4. New York 48,800
    5. Illinois 30,364
    6. Michigan 29,548
    7. Maryland 23,843
    8. Texas 21,119
    9. Georgia 18,076
    10. Indiana 19,217
    11. North Carolina 16,882
    12. Mass 15,987

Well top twelve anyway... we have three clients with over 10,000 hits each. So far so crazy!

I hope everyone's season is going awesome!

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Speaking of traffic, I heard a spot on the radio the other day here in Michigan and it plugged Hauntworld.com, Thinking it was Ed Terbuses place
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Congrats on the success and this website is AWESOME. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Comment

Here is some more news... I'm totally re-doing the site again with new interfaces and everything. The site will have more Halloween/Haunted info than ever before with roll down menu buttons and everything.

Its all in the works!!!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Haunt Stats

Larry,

Congratulations on the huge success of Hauntworld!

You may have just answered my question. In putting together an investor proposal, I am in search of the "low down and dirty" of haunt statistics. Things such as:

Average sq. ft. size of haunt
          Average tix sold by day/week/season
          Average tix price
          Cost analysis of typical successful/unsuccessful haunt
          National industry status and growth analysis

And any other information that your typical calculator-holding, pocket protector-wearing, thick bespectacle sporting, reliable accountant might like to see.

Now it's entirely possible that all this information has been covered elsewhere on the boards. If so, perhaps someone could gently chastise me for my in-attention and then point me in the right direction.

Safe Holiday for All!
          Last edited by Old Tree Studios; 10-20-2007, 12:37 PM. Reason: typo
          Michael Inks
          Geist Entertainment, Inc.
          www.geistentertainment.com
          "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Oops... I'm an idiot.

Well how embarrasing for me. I pulled up Hauntworld and there it all was, right smack on the front page of the site, stats and everything.

In my defense... you must understand that I had Hauntworld bookmarked to a different page and just somehow hadn't noticed the front page!

Anyway... I'm going to sit in the corner for a while and think about what I did.
            Michael Inks
            Geist Entertainment, Inc.
            www.geistentertainment.com
            "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Congrats on all the success Larry. Seems like a great year for you.

With the industry helping eachother more, and working together it only benefits the industry.

Congrats and here's to next year.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
              http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
              "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
              http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Woot, North Carolina getting 11th spot!
                Trust me were seeing it! Huge crowds,what a year!

Comment

Working...
                X