Questionable Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Scene

Ok I was surfing the net particularly Myspace when I cam across this film of a scene in a haunted house. Question is... Is the material shown ethical to put in a show? Take a look and let me know. TY Link Below.
    http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.c...deoid=13824835
    5 years in the business and still ticking
    Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
    USSN

Worked For Me!!!!!!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

eehhh, not really my taste. It was neat when the guy did it in the movie "Mouth of Madness" but I wouldn't put it in my house. Too many people know someone personally who committed suicide and they are not going to be amused by that. But hey, somebody has to identify the limits don't they?

Comment

"Word" and reputation get out, next year the ticket-buying public will be casting their "Vote", those greenish little rectangles with presidents on them will or will not be forthcoming to a greater or lessor degree.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

How does he do the smoke out of his mouth? The air cannon is simple.
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

It's in the shotgun that e puts in his mouth

Comment

hmm

Gee it's called fun with editing!

The film jerks right before the smoke is let out.
              Simple.....cut....take cigarette and fill mouth ...... action....exhale

Now I really might not agree with everything the Haunted Hootchie does.......but I also like to push limits.
              Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm younger, but I didn't have any issues with it.

I mean, we see it in movies and even on TV now, why would it be any different in a attraction that is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable?
                -Brandon Kelm
                Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs View Post
                  Gee it's called fun with editing!

The film jerks right before the smoke is let out.
                  Simple.....cut....take cigarette and fill mouth ...... action....exhale

Now I really might not agree with everything the Haunted Hootchie does.......but I also like to push limits.
                  You're right. I went back and watched it again. You can see it in the run off on the screen in the back ground. Like I said, to each his own. Just not my bag of bones.

Comment

My father killed himself that way and I don't really have a problem with a haunted attraction doing it. It all depends on where you want to be as far as gore and gross out.

And, of course, on how many customers you wish to have. High school kids might love it --

might--

But their parent's won't. You won't get the middle school kids and younger, you will cut into the high school crowd, you will cut into every demographic group there is. What you have to weight is whether or not the cost (and there is a cost to everything) is worth it. Remember, you are not in business to entertain yourself. This is not to say that the critics are always RIGHT. Walt Disney faced tons of critics when he built Disneyland. They predicted his swift financial ruin. But Disney understood the market better than they.

Comment

It might be a good scare to get you jumping, but I would not do something so graphic. I think they could have done something differant.

It would be nice to know how many complaints they have gotten.

Brian

Comment

I wouldnt.

I went to Knottsscaryfarm with my girlfriend this year...She has had an unbelievable, horrific past...that I wont go into. Just know she has had a gory, violent past. We got through about 4 mazes, and she was emotionally drained. It DOES effect people....and there ARE people out there that have had unimaginable things happen to them, and they live with these memorys they dont wanna be reminded of.
                        Dude you know what? The red inside is nothing to mess with, its real And you know??...killing yourself may be a topic that will distract from the show. You want to entertain them and strike fear in their souls,,,,not make them feel bad about life by seeing a suicide.
                        However, if.....IF you pitch the scene right....it could work. I see a reall quick delivery on this if you were gonna use it. For example, lights come on in a room, guy shoots himself or whatever, lights go off....guests move on.
                        my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

Comment

Just a quick note, The Hauted Hoochie/Dead Acres does this as the first scene you see as you walk in. When i was there people werent upset by it, but the blood flinger behind him wasnt working so all we got was the noise.
                          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

It's not all that clever or entertaining and it will offend at least 20% of your customers.

Why do it?
                            Guerilla Haunter

Comment

I know it would make many of our patrons feel uncomfortable. Uncomfortable can do more for a mind set than an actor jumping out to startle you.
                              -Brandon Kelm
                              Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X