Questionable Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome

Loved it. Lets face it. Customers arent paying for a sheet over your head anymore.

Comment

Real life VS Entertainment

i would hope that haunters would at least present scenarios that can't be achieved in real life. Otherwise, what's the point? Also, do we need more violence and gore represented than what we hear about everyday? Not a criticism... just a hope.
      Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
      Haunted Nashville
      Turbidite Manor

Comment

Customers would be paying for a sheet over Their Head, though.
        "Would you prefer the print sheet with the daiseys and Huggy-Bears on it? Maybe the celebrity sheet with the nose-drippings?"
        Then quickly a sheet covers their head the rope goes around and the wallet gets removed, "Next!"
        HAHAHAHAHA! We can make "anything" "work".
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ethical or pointless?

I found nothing offensive about this video, but I see anything that would entice me to go the haunted house either. Unless you had an ample reset time, it would be difficult to do this in a huanted house, at least based on my experience. The acting was subpar, and the use of "extreme" has been hacked to death lately. I have done a "suicide" scene with a shotgun, but it showed the aftermath.
          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

But to show the real aftermath you have to have a group of mourners asking "Why?" (usually) Crying, sobbing , red eyes, tears, all that fun stuff, Right?
            Sounds like a real fun party doesn't it?
            A million laughs......
            We must do this again sometime soon.
            Whose turn next time?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

yes the kiddies....hmmmm.....i wish they would bring more...but i guess no one ever returns....i mean with a slogan like always working hard to make you sick...who would even come in the first place...well at least a couple of em do..but who are these horror fans??...why are they sooo attracted to this kinda haunt???..with airfare and hotels and rental cars being so expensive..i mean their seems to be haunts on almost every corner....why travel to the hooch...???..i would think they would rather see spooky rocking chairs and statues with moving eyes...how creepy.....i guess its a mystery..may be we will never know

in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Originally posted by badass View Post
                ...i mean with a slogan like always working hard to make you sick...who would even come in the first place... i would think they would rather see spooky rocking chairs and statues with moving eyes...how creepy....
                Hahahahahahaha... Yeah, what kinda sickos wanna see this stuff?!
                To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Ends justifies the means....?

I'm going to take the high-road here and assume I'm not being criticized for my approach to Halloween... though it sure does reek as such. I certainly wouldn't classify my haunt as a "kiddy" show... I always get far more adults than kids. Besides, it's meant to be a "family" show, where everyone can enjoy themselves, not just teenagers. I suppose it's merely a difference in taste... some folks like to see blood and guts, most don't... no matter what anybody's attendance numbers are. In the end one should be left with one thought after each operating season: did I do something worthwhile, or am I just too busy counting money to care? Hmmmmm... My approach is certainly more Disney-esque... but the baby with the bar code is still funny.
                  Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
                  Haunted Nashville
                  Turbidite Manor

Comment

its all art....and its all business...some movies are disney and some rob zombie....each attract an audience....myself and my peers are attracted to dirty nasty ugly gross horror...its funny....yes horror is funny....and we sell this to others of like minds...sure some do not like it...but we are true to our art.....we love what we do and it shows...and our fans love it too...soo may be its not for you...no one is asking you to do the same....you do what you do...it all has its place.....no reason for morality to be thrown around...not in this biz...its the pot calling the kettle black....all haunts are currently doing something objectionable to some....its the nature of the biz....loose a child and see how fast ya rethink a skeleton in a crib...just an example...not aimed at Hamilton
                    Haunting is not a club..its a business...we have been around for a long time...and business is good...our haunt donates to 10 different charties with over $60,000 to childrens hospital alone.....Our approach might be different from what is the norm....buts its our approach and it works very well...we do not experience issues like vomiting or moral uptights...they should know long before they get to the door whats going on in here....the reactions we see are laughing and screaming HELL YEAH !!!!

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• Back to the gunshot...

I think we're a bit of-topic now... the original thread was in regards to the shotgun suicide scene specifically. I have no problem with hard-core horror, so don't get me wrong... I don't think I'd call the shotgun scenario art, and if anybody would pay to see that, I guess it's totally up to them.
                      Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
                      Haunted Nashville
                      Turbidite Manor

Comment

• is not every single nook and cranny art..??.it is for me..and i bet many more including you...from the time they get outta their car to the time they run screaming out the back...they have been emersed in Haunted Hoochie Art...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                        www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• Originally posted by hamilton View Post
                          I don't think I'd call the shotgun scenario art
                          I think you would if you had created it. It's a really great illusion and no compressed web video is going to do it justice.

Hearing about the scene or reading about it in a review causes your perspective to be skewed. It's a suicide. Calling it quits. It's cowardly and of course it's repulsive. Your morals and values are working the wrong way against your brain and you receive it as though it were the real thing and you are reading about it in the paper or hearing it on the news (RIP, Kurt Cobain).

Fact is, it's not real and you should know going into a show that you're going to see things that are not real. When you are waiting in line and the anticipation is building up, you want so much to get through the door and have the bejesus scared out of you... Then you hear a gruff voice around the corner demanding that you get into the room so he can get the party started... a loud *snap* and the lights come on, you can see this dude's got the crazies, shotgun in hand... He starts to breath heavier and faster and you can almost see the fear in his eyes... The barrel comes up to the mouth and EVERYONE IN THE ROOM immediately starts to panic, shouting "Ohhh nooooo... Ohhhh shit... Awwww man...". BANG... SPLAT... Crowd goes wild. Not just sometimes, not every other group, every single time.

That is art, in my opinion. It just works.
                          To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

• Um... ok

Um... ok. That's all I have for that. I'll stop posting now... maybe somebody else has something to say.
                            Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
                            Haunted Nashville
                            Turbidite Manor

Comment

• Originally posted by badass View Post
                              its all art....and its all business...some movies are disney and some rob zombie....each attract an audience....myself and my peers are attracted to dirty nasty ugly gross horror...its funny....yes horror is funny....and we sell this to others of like minds...sure some do not like it...but we are true to our art.....we love what we do and it shows...and our fans love it too...soo may be its not for you...no one is asking you to do the same....you do what you do...it all has its place.....no reason for morality to be thrown around...not in this biz...its the pot calling the kettle black....all haunts are currently doing something objectionable to some....its the nature of the biz....loose a child and see how fast ya rethink a skeleton in a crib...just an example...not aimed at Hamilton
                              Haunting is not a club..its a business...we have been around for a long time...and business is good...our haunt donates to 10 different charties with over $60,000 to childrens hospital alone.....Our approach might be different from what is the norm....buts its our approach and it works very well...we do not experience issues like vomiting or moral uptights...they should know long before they get to the door whats going on in here....the reactions we see are laughing and screaming HELL YEAH !!!!
                              Ouch! I could almost feel that blow to the head. Well, you know my take on doing things differently. If it works for ya...GO FOR IT! I like how you wrote "haunting is not a club...it's a business...."

Comment

• ..so, in all of those serial -killer movies as the cops discover killer's place and here are all of those nasty photos of bodys all ripped apart and other little mementos from bodies laying displayed around the room...I sometimes wonder...which haunt did he work in last October?
                                Ed Gein ?
                                John Wayne Gacy? He was in the Iowa and Illiniois JC's back in the day , he was the Iowa and Illinois JC "Man-Of-the-year" and he loved to dress like a clown , now didn't he? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X