Need QueLine ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need QueLine ideas

I work the queline at a haunted cave. I have assembled a really sweet costume comprised of a top hat and a black tux. After makeup, I really look wicked. If asked, I use the name Digger, as the costume is supposed to resemble a mortician. To this point, I have simply used stardowns and sneaking up on folks as a scare. I also have a tape mesure I use to "mesure"people from the back when they are not looking and always gets a chuckle from the folks behind.

But this seems to be getting dry and I need some more ideas to change things up and keep the patrons hoping. Average wait time can be 45 minutes, so I need a variety of things to do to keep the customers from getting bored or annoyed with me. ANY ideas or suggestions on how to get more scares, more laughs or how to just generally entertain would be appreciated.

Scare On!

Maybe a costume change?

Forgot to mention that I have the ability to change up my costume as well in this cavern haunt. So if anyone has an idea of a real kick butt costume, that would be cool too. That tux gets pretty hot sometimes, even in a 55 degree cave.

Comment

Well...I'm going to throw in a few things:

When your measuring someone's body part (choose wisely, or you might get slapped!), a line you could say is...

"Oh, nice <forearm, head, etc.>, can I keep it? I'm running low on these."
      ---
      You could go down a line of people and measure away. Just 1 quick measure per person. All the while saying...

"No." (after each measurement)
      "None of you are good enough!"

You can add more to that bit by going to someone else and adding...

"Hmmm. (measure) Yes, yes. I'll be keeping an eye on you.
      ---
      If you smell perfume or colone on someone, you could say...

(get really close and sniff them) "My, don't you smell nice. We could really use an air freshener for our embalming room."
      ---

Improvising or going for a certain attitude to interact with (jerk-esk, morbid, etc.) can produce good lines.

Course, you could always day-dream on the subject. Really twist the image of a normal mortician and become one that's really out to "collect", couldn't care less about what his victims say or think. A sort of character who won't let anything get in the way of what he's after.
      Last edited by Smiley; 10-23-2007, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I have a character very similar to this. I also "measure" people with a tape. I will always make some comment about "having one just your size" or "I am going to have to make an extra large one for you". I also carry toe tags with me. It is all about entertaining.

One of these years when I have some time I want to compose a "survey" that I will put on a clipboard to use in the line. It will be comprised of questions like:

Once you enter the haunt -

1. Do you prefer your remains to be cremated?

2. If I cannot locate all of your pieces is it ok to bury you with what I find?

and so on...

Comment

I used to do a similar bit with a tape measure when I first started. One line that always seemed to work was when i'd ask how tall they were and then go *tsk-tsk* and say, "Hmm, looks like we'll have to take a little off the bottom to make you fit."
          "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have used some of your suggestions and they worked great! Last night, I missed "favorite scare" by 1 vote. Not bad for the que line guy.

Please keep 'em coming. We have 5 days left of our season and I would really like to kick it up a notch for the home stretch. So, any other ideas or stuff I can do or say?

Comment

Working...
            X