Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Rape in a Haunted House...Read On

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kmbc/20071023/lo_kmbc/14399692

This is a MAJOR haunted house...read on!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I am finding this story a bit hard to believe. I bet that the police do as well.

Comment

True or not, NOTHING good can come from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost River Duck View Post
        True or not, NOTHING good can come from this.
        Of course not. But I do think that the public has grown a bit more sceptical about these sorts of claims. Also, I think people recognize that bad guys can be anywhere -- including their work, the local McDonalds, their daycare, the bus, and even their homes. The only people who would use this story as an excuse not to visit a haunt weren't planning on going anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by screamshow View Post
          Of course not. But I do think that the public has grown a bit more sceptical about these sorts of claims. Also, I think people recognize that bad guys can be anywhere -- including their work, the local McDonalds, their daycare, the bus, and even their homes. The only people who would use this story as an excuse not to visit a haunt weren't planning on going anyway.
          I suppose I was stating the obvious but my point is we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking that even if she is "making it up and this is no big deal" it still IS a big deal. If this story is getting much air play locally, guilty or not his bottom line is going to suck coming into this week, the gravy week of the whole season $$$.

Comment

Just what the industry needs...
            Slash
            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

What was she doing there on a sunday morning? I didnt think any haunt was open then.
              Drew and Shane
              www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

False Report???

My first reaction is that if there is another competing haunted attraction (is there???) that someone from that haunt might have made this all up to give the other haunt bad press. There have been other mean spirited occurences at other haunts around the country (see other posts), so this is a possibility. In fact, I worked at one a few years back where the haunt I was associate with had a rivalry with another haunt up the road just a few miles away. In this case, reporting (an alledged) rape at a rival haunted attraction will most definitely give them bad press and could also cut into their profits at just the wrong time of the month.

And yes, the woman could have been visiting on a Sunday morning. Although many haunted attractions stop selling tickets by a specific time (let's say 10:00 pm), they usually stay open until the last person is through. In this case, the woman could have gone through at 1:00 am Sunday morning.
                Last edited by HauntVentFX; 10-23-2007, 07:59 PM.
                The Haunter's Depot
                www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Definitely bad press any way sliced. What ever group that wants to jump on it will.
                  Enough crap like this will increase operating costs for everyone and make it harder to even open.

Are we circus pets??? Here you go Dumbo, jump now...good boy. But before we do the next act we need to have everyone in the audience sign this waiver first and yes our, attorney is here tonight to make sure everyone is signing on the correct line........ I wish i could end this as well as Jim, but I just don't have his style.
                  Thanks, Jeff
                  www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
                  www.HauntForum.com
                  www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

I find it hard to believe. I do not see how they can have any witnesses when she said that she was all by herself when she was assulted. I do not know about you but I don't understand it.

I just think it was some kind of stunt, but it might hurt that haunts business. Hard to say what to make of it.

Brian

Comment

This is the WORST PR you could possibly get during the busiest part of your season. A few years ago the same haunts had a cop shot which hurt their business for TWO straight years.

Now this... the press will beat on this haunt all the way until Halloween and they'll bring up the cop being shot over and over again as well.

This could be a HUGE hit to their business even if it isn't true.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

I would think that she went to a haunt at any late or early hour with some other people she knew. What do they have to say ?
                        A woman alone at that hour?
                        Forensics evidence? The assailant's skin under her fingernails? His blood stains ?
                        Maybe she snuck back to have an encounter with a sexy pnuematic but the air was already turned off and she was frustrated, pnuematic men might leave latex "skin" under her nails?
                        Maybe she mistook a hissing air leak for rejection?
                        Wouldn't some news service be in huge trouble if they ran a story like this with nothing to back it up?
                        A local feud saw fiction attempted to be sold to a big newspaper as slanderous "Truth", it didn't work at all, they refused to print it.
                        My Dad WAs a work-a-holic, not powered by any drugs or booze..unless you consider chocolate a drug that could cause this?
                        Also, if a competitor haunt created this story to harm the guy down the block..this was Really stupid because it would moreso be like killing a bug on your head by hitting it with a hammer, many would not be mindfull enough to remember which haunt was the "offfender" so all would suffer the stigma, just some to a slightly lesser degree. The general public doesn't always remember names correctly, type of establishment is what they get in their mind.
                        Last edited by Jim Warfield; 10-24-2007, 07:22 AM.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Here is another link to another story about it...

http://www.kctv5.com/news/14408168/d...s=kan&psp=news
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

This is a very unfortunate thing to happen! Plus very hard to believe! I have been through the Edge of Hell many times and grant it Im no attractive young female. But I just dont believe this really happened! Monty runs some top notch haunts and maybe Jim is right this girl was sent in there to cause some bad press. Maybe the competition is really desperate?! The truth will come out if she was really raped! There will be physical evidence. Its just really bad this happen and goes to show you it could happen to any haunt.
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

O.K. lets look at it this way, Monte and Amber both put on great haunts and are good people. I can only imagine the pain this is causing them, I wish them the best, truly.

But let's be carefull mocking this story, and I do meen this with the greatest respect to them, if this is true the assualt of anyone especially a sexual one, is serious business. We should not laugh or pre-judge either party.

I went through a Haunted House here in Phoenix around 1991 and as I turned to grab my girlfriends hand I saw she was cornered and being fondled around her breasts. That actor now has two teeth missing. Problem solved. I have no compassion for idiot actors and having run Haunts since 1988 I know how hard good help is to find. Please don't mock or degrade women with your comments, even if it's possibly another rugby team scenerio.
                              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Working...
                              X