Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is something new for us...

http://news.steelers.com/article/83425/

Tonight is going to be the night of chaos for us. 20 some odd players from the Pittsburgh Steelers are coming out to our house. The catch is, they're not going through as patrons.. They have decided they want to act.

The long and short of it is, they contacted us and said they want to do a autograph session and then come act at the house. A few phone calls and a meeting later, they're showing up tonight. There will be a few of them doing autographs. Apparently other team members are showing up after the autograph signing. We're expecting 20-25 according to what we've been told by their people. Greg Warren saw our doll house when they went through this past Monday and said "I'm working in there!!!" Apparently he's bringing his own dress....

I know this is a first for any haunted house around us.

Cross your fingers for us guys!
    Last edited by Brandon_K; 10-27-2007, 09:12 AM.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Originally posted by Brandon_K View Post
    http://news.steelers.com/article/83425/

Tonight is going to be the night of chaos for us. 20 some odd players from the Pittsburgh Steelers are coming out to our house. The catch is, they're not going through as patrons.. They have decided they want to act.

The long and short of it is, they contacted us and said they want to do a autograph session and then come act at the house. A few phone calls and a meeting later, they're showing up tonight. There will be a few of them doing autographs. Apparently other team members are showing up after the autograph signing. We're expecting 20-25 according to what we've been told by their people. Greg Warren saw our doll house when they went through this past Monday and said "I'm working in there!!!" Apparently he's bringing his own dress....

I know this is a first for any haunted house around us.

Cross your fingers for us guys!
    PLEASE get pics and post them. That would be pretty awsome to see.

Comment

I'll see what I can do.

They have requested no autograph requests nor photo's from staff, patrons, etc. A number of the local news stations will be here. At this point, we believe our make up guy is going to be allowed to take pics throughout the house, so hopefully we'll get some good ones.
      -Brandon Kelm

sigpic

Comment

What an awesome PR opportunity! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Thats awesome, good luck

Comment

So far it's going fairly smooth. The guys had a blast getting makeup and into costume.

Unfortunately, many of the pics aren't great due to the fog coming up into the room (part of the haunt is below our green room).

Greg Warren is in fact dressed up like a woman, bathrobe and all.

They seem to be having a really great time.
            -Brandon Kelm

sigpic

Comment

what an awesome grassroots marketing campaign! good luck with it. tell us how it goes.

Comment

Well, 11 of them showed up for autographs and to act. Tyrone Carter, Santonio Holmes, Jeff Reed, Max Starks, Greg Warren and a bunch of other guys who's names I don't know (I don't follow sports).

Patron turn out was good and things went pretty smooth, especially considering this is something we have never done before. The Steelers seemed to have had a REALLY good time and many said they definitely want to turn this into an annual event. We're not complaining

Oh, and Max Starks is HUGE. I don't think I've ever been in the presence of anyone of his size. He is just massive. He was also extremely funny. He played it up in our padded cell.

I didn't take any pics on my own camera, I used our makeup guy's cam while he was painting them, as soon as he gets them to me, I'll get them posted up.
                -Brandon Kelm

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_K View Post
                  Well, 11 of them showed up for autographs and to act. Tyrone Carter, Santonio Holmes, Jeff Reed, Max Starks, Greg Warren and a bunch of other guys who's names I don't know (I don't follow sports).

Patron turn out was good and things went pretty smooth, especially considering this is something we have never done before. The Steelers seemed to have had a REALLY good time and many said they definitely want to turn this into an annual event. We're not complaining

Oh, and Max Starks is HUGE. I don't think I've ever been in the presence of anyone of his size. He is just massive. He was also extremely funny. He played it up in our padded cell.

I didn't take any pics on my own camera, I used our makeup guy's cam while he was painting them, as soon as he gets them to me, I'll get them posted up.
                  Very cool. I've got a good friend who played pro ball for a while as a linebacker, but never made it big. He's in his mid fortys now. About 6'-8" and 280lbs wit ha little bit of a mean streak. The movie Remember the Titans, he played either on that team in high school or against them, I can't remember. I've told him over and over if I was his size I'd put everybody in the haunt on the floor. Talk about intimidating.

Comment

Pics are up

Picture gallery - http://hundredacresmanor.com/gallery...p?g2_itemId=23

KDKA News spot - http://kdka.com/video/?id=33368@kdka.dayport.com (Witches?! We don't have witches!)

As promised, pics of the Steelers.

As far as a timeline goes, the first 3 pages are the Steelers going through the haunt as a group. There are also a few pics of Nate Washington getting painted as he didn't want to go through the house, rather he wanted to get painted and go scare his teammates, which he did. Pages 3-5 are after they went through the house and came up for costuming and paint. The rest are them scaring some very lucky fans.
                    Last edited by Brandon_K; 10-27-2007, 09:01 AM.
                    -Brandon Kelm

sigpic

Comment

That amazing, good job. Nice pics and the news vid was fun to watch. Looks like everyone had a good time. How many of there autographs did you get?

Comment

It looked like the players had a good time haunting at your haunt. What a great PR for you and them.

Cross your bones that they come back next year!

Brian

Comment

Dude, that is soo great.... very nice photos!!!!
                          http://www.innerfears.com/
                          http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                          X