B.i.t.n. Killer Klowns Slim Mask Arrived, Looks Aweful ! Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.i.t.n. Killer Klowns Slim Mask Arrived, Looks Aweful ! Pics

A few weeks ago i bought a bump in the night productions shorty klown mask which I thought was really nice for being mass produced. So i thought what the hell lets get slim too. Well he came today and I hate to say it but it looks like crap. It looks nothing like bumps catalog pics. There nothing like the old bait and switch ! The thing was crushed to hell, the sprouts on top of the head were permanently bent backwards. Whats worse is that the paint job looks like it was done by a five year old. The red paint around the mouth and cheeks is smeared all over the edges. The eyes are blotchy and had glitter on them. and the edges of the bums are painted black.

I have to say I'm really disappointed with the quality of this mask. However i am keeping it because its not a bad sculpture and it could be a nice mask with a bit of work. I will fix the hair and repaint it tomorrow.

I called bump in the night to talk to them about this, Not to get a refund ( I bought it from amoketime.com) but to tell them how bad it looked and ask is this was a oversite or defect of some sort. I talked to chuck and the conversation basically went like this.

I told him of the problem with the hair and paint defects and offered to e mail pics.

He said were did you get it, I said amoktime, and he said call them.

I said I just wanted to tell you how badly it was crushed and painted,

He said there all hand painted.

I said ya but the thing is its really badly messed up, are they all this way ?

he says again there all hand painted some come out good some don't look so great call amoktime
    ( were i bought it).

At this point I realized this guy just didn't get it and i said thanks bye. I was too frustrated to go any further.

What the hell is with this company ? I guess they thing is send them out weather they look bad or not. If it were me I would be ashamed to sell someone something that looks this bad. I mean do they not have any quality control or care about repeat business? I read an article on haunted bay were chuck ( owner of bump) said he he wasn't happy with what was available in the industry. He wanted more detail, fresh ideas, and higher quality. Above all, he wanted to make available products that he himself would want to buy.

If this is what he considered high quality I would hate to see the bad. I was going to get the popcorn klown and fatso but now i'm not sure if I wan't to take a chance on a crappy mask. I'm sorry to rant but I just wanted to vent and let you guys see what bumps stuff really looks like.

peace out.

Quick question, why didn't you just order directly from BITN productions?

Comment

amoktime is closer, I was going to use it for a party. A.t. distributes the whole klown line. Plus i have ordered many things from them and i know there a good company.

Comment

Then do like BITN said, give them a call and state your concern.

Comment

re.

I didn't call because i wasn't after a refund ( I will repaint and fix the hair myself) by the time I'm done it will be a nicer mask.

The point is that it should have never made it from bump in the nights factory.
          They apparently have no quality control ( I have seen other pieces and heard similar complaints from others) They toldme thereself some thick look great and some look bad. Wtf ? Why would they send out products that they know are crappy.

The sad part is that they have some really great items but im not going to waste $100.00 a pop for a masks or props that may arrive crushed and horribly painted. I just don't get why so many mask companies pull the old bait and switch act.
          Last edited by robofreak; 10-25-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

You should had ordered it directly from the company that made it, That mask could look really nice with a little work and time placed into it, I got a cheap sucky freddy masked and made it my own and it was really scary. I trimmed the eyes and wore some makeup around my eyes, It really looked cool. That mask looks pretty bad compared to what the site shows.
            INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

"Pssst! Hey Fellow, looking for a woman for tonight? I got my Sister's picture here, look at her , she pretty nice."

"It sure is dark on this corner, where's your sister that you promised?"
              "She's in the backseat."
              "Your Sister!!??
              "Well she was busy so I brought my Gramma, no difference, no refund either."
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                "Pssst! Hey Fellow, looking for a woman for tonight? I got my Sister's picture here, look at her , she pretty nice."

"It sure is dark on this corner, where's your sister that you promised?"
                "She's in the backseat."
                "Your Sister!!??
                "Well she was busy so I brought my Gramma, no difference, no refund either."
                good point, Jim. I thought it looked pretty good myself but I'm not the buyer.

Comment

Like most companies there is 2 different quality of items they make. The cheap stuff that they let other people sell for them (ie. wal-mart or online) or the stuff they make themselves and is a little more expensive, but well worth it.

I found this out after purchasing a prop from a company with a good rep for quality stuff, but I called them and they fix it pretty qucikly. All of these companies want you to be happy! I didn't know they did that, so I always buy directly now
                  ~HauntedWebby~
                  www.lazarusmaze.com
                  www.bbqandghosts.com
                  "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Working...
                  X