Cage Maze? Need Help for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage Maze? Need Help for next season

Im thinking about adding another maze to my attraction. I want it to be a cage maze ( made of chain link fence On all three sides ( even the top) with either a escaped prison or asylum theme. I need advise from you guys that have had a similar attractions. Is chain link fence reletively inexpensive? Did you rent? Who should I contact about completing it? How did fire inspectors view a cage maze (good or bad). Did the customers enjoy it? Any Advise is welcome?

thanks,
    Kyle Nadeau
    Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
    Kyle Nadeau
    Sinister Intentions Haunted Attractions
    Owner and Operator of Field of Screams the Haunted Stadium
    www.HauntedStadium.com
    HauntedStadium@live.com

1. Chainlink can be bought by the roll at Home Depot or Lowes... fairly inexpensive. Also some good wire/bolt cutters would be nice. The way I've seen it done is like building a normal haunt... but instead of a plywood face on the walls, you attach the chainlink. But I have also seen steel framing as well.... but I don't know the method behind this!

2. Fire Inspectors will love this maze more than others. Why? Metal is naturally flame/fire retardant.. so you don't need to treat the metal. You will need to treat any other framing, props, etc... just like in a normal haunt.

3. The haunt I helped set-up at Kings Island is called "Death Row"... and is a real "maze" in the sense that you can, and will, get lost. The walls are all chainlink with some being 4x8 mirrors (Oak Island Prod.'s "Mad Mirrors")... lots of fog, strobe and beacon lights... loud soundtrack... cut-up white plastic sheeting and yellow caution tape to hang for guest to wade through... and a TON of insane actors in those black and white striped prison suites.

Needless to say this haunt is pretty intense, I have photos somewhere of it and when I find them I'll post them up!

Happy Haunting. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Death Row is great! If your able to produce an effective maze I think it may be rough implementing it into your current attraction..

Death Row seemed to get backed up occasionally due to dead ends and slow guests, but it functions great as a stand alone.

Comment

Also, forgot to mention that it is better if the chainlink is coated! For the safety of your guest and actors, coated (rubber, etc.) chainlink works wonders! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
        X