This is the best complaint we ever got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the best complaint we ever got

I am going to frame this and hang it in the dressing room. I wish all our customers were this unhappy. This is from last Sunday night:

never go to fear fair at 10pm at night when they are closing because they have a fun time with you if you get really freaked out easy like me. lets just say i was chased and i really thought that i was gonna die. i could have had a heart attack and since they scared me so bad, my mo is gonna write to the newspaper. it may sound so stupid but it really freaked me out when they started running after me. the people that work there need to learn when enought is enought because after all of this happend i was crying so bad i couldn't control it and nobody should have to go through that. if your that freaked out that you think that they are going to come up behind you and start running after you again, that means that they really went overboard and i dont like it. i felt like i was goin to die and thats not right. if you like fear fair and like being scared crapless they more power too you but for those who dont like it and are just dropping off your friends and are planning to wait for them be prepared because if nobody is there in fear fair they will climb into your car and scare the freaking crap out of you by breathing down your next and acting like there goin to touch you. i just wanted to warn you ya'll because i will have trouble sleeping tonight all thanks to the freaking fear fair people that dont know when enough is enough.
    thanks for reading what i said .
    peace ya'll,
    Kassie
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

That was a pretty good one!

I guess if you're in the building or just on the haunt's property, regardless of whether you are a paying customer, or just waiting for your friends, you're fair game. Okay, so, she might not have thought it was fair....hey, maybe you better get a hold of this girl and have her pay for those scares!
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Just wait till '08...we are going to adopt a 'limited touching' approach. After seeing how effective it can be at Dead Acres last night, we have to go that direction.
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Awesome!! The people that have to wait on their friends to come out usually stand in the road next to the people in line...using precision timing and my slider gear, they end up experiencing a little taste of what's inside the house. I had some lady get mad and wanted to talk to the owner of the house the other night because I scared her and she didn't pay to go in so she thought she didn't deserve to get scared. Needless to say she was made fun of pretty bad by the people in line.

Comment

So much for "Production Line Scares".
          After hours? I would need a nap to be able to function like this after a long night. Do you have a fresh crew come in after 11:00 or something? (Hahahaha!)
          Other's extreme reactions can fuel your fire and really inspire. Personally, I like to only pick on someone if they are definately laughing after each time I make them jump,jerk, scream,like the guy the other night ......
          I am pretty well practiced at calming the fearfull and getting them to be my customers. Many people have had those scares that were just too over-the-top for them and vow to never return (lost ticket sales for sure then) of course I'm a tourist attraction which sees familys in the summertime and I really can't afford to leave half the family sitting in the van.
          I have a new couple of lines in my front room adult tour that evokes alot of laughs concerning pandering to the child in the dark first room of the haunted house ..because sometimes it does wear on a person and those "kid-Gloves" become a little too restraining, unnecesarrilly so.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We to will be adapting a limited touch policy. Anyone else attempting this? It sounds like its pushing the envelope in the haunt industry but will the guests approve of this?

Sean
            Sean De Wane
            ----------------------------------------------
            The De Wane Asylum
            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

That's great!!!

No limited touch here. Tooooo much liability unless you have really good cameras and padding for the actors.
              ~HauntedWebby~
              www.lazarusmaze.com
              www.bbqandghosts.com
              "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

What is "limited touch"??? Any limited contact sport I was ever in meant you would beat the hell out of each other till someone started bleeding.... what is a Haunted House definition of "limited touch"?
                http://www.innerfears.com/
                http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

thats not really a compaint its more of a compliment
                  Yesterday i made 7 kids cry and 2 pee their pants, all in like an hour, it made me very happy, we also had one kid just sit in a corner of the haunted house ballingher eyes out, it was crazy

if you go to a haunted house youy go to be scared if you cry or pee your pants, then you sure got your moneys worth
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

these people should know how much they could handle before entering but still that is a great compliment. Whoever wrote is also kinda dumb on grammar.

Anyway, I think haunts should touch! I dont see why not. I wish people werent such bitches about it. "I'm gonna sue you!" Shut the fuck up and stop making a big deal out of it.

However, I think if you advertise on your site and at the haunt "YES! WE WILL TOUCH YOU!" then the ones who really DO mind being touched will just not go or suck it up.

Comment

I am adding a new sign on the front of the building next season...it will read:

Welcome to Fear Fair. This is a haunted attraction, and it is meant to scare you. Our goal is to scare the sh*t out of you; and if you act freaked out, we are gonna screw with you hardcore. If you act like a bad ass we will get in your face. If you crack jokes we will stalk you in the dark. If you don’t like people trying to scare you until you cry, DO NOT come in, around, or even near fear fair. We can smell your fear. Thank you.
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

That's AMAZING. PLEASE DO! ha

Comment

Fess up Brett, your wife put this sign above your bedroom door many years ago, didn't she?
                          Copy-cat!
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                            Fess up Brett, your wife put this sign above your bedroom door many years ago, didn't she?
                            Copy-cat!

I think someone knows my wife <grin>
                            Brett Hays, Director
                            Fear Fair
                            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                            X