Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year went Great!!!

Wow,
    What a great year, this is our 7th time doing a haunted house, we got between 600-650 people in a 3 hour time frame.
    Every year has its problems and ours started 5 min before we opened with a visit from the fire marshall.
    He tried to shut us down...
    We convinced him that everything would be ok and he finally left and didnt return =)
    Im 15 years old and build nearly the whole thing myself...
    You can see pictures at www.deadenddungeon.com I will post the pictures from tonight in the next few days.
    I hope everyone had a great time, would love to hear your stories.
    Thanks,
    Drew
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

I couldn't agree more. This was our first year and we got around 70-80 people from the nieghborhood. Next year we plan to go even bigger. But 600 people man! That's crazy.
    Fright Factory Boyscout Spook-O-Ree event http://www.freewebs.com/frightfactory/
    Scareside Studios www.freewebs.com/scareside

Comment

Hey DeadEndDungeon---your pics and website are awsome. Very inspirational. I finally got my husband on board with doing a full fledge yard haunt next year and I can't wait to get started...even if it is 364 days away!!

Comment

this was the first year for me too. last year we just had some tombstones, this year i went all out with a "haunted tomb" in the garage. we got probably 60-80 people from around the neighborhood. and i'm already thinking of stuff for next year!! can't wait!!

Comment

This year went great for us as well. We had about 50-70 kids come through. Ive already started thinking about next year, but I'll have to hold off on that until after I get up the christmas stuff... so the madness continues...

Comment

This was our 2nd year doing our Haunted walk-thru. It was about 300 walking feet. We had about 150-175 people and we only had it open for 2hrs. Our subdivision has about 140 homes and we are in the cul-de-sac. We enjoy putting it together. We love the reaction of all neighbors and our neighborhood has shown its appreciation to us every year. We are excited about planning for next year. You know it is never too early to plan for next year. Thanks to all the post on this forum it has helped us with so much.

Thanx to all

Comment

This years Eerie Street Haunt went amazingly well! Not only did we get close to 200 kids stop in for candy and a zillion cars taking a look all month long... Our local News channel 11 even stopped in to do a live broadcast with me and the gang on Halloween day!

Check it out here if you get a chance... Our segment is about 30 seconds in!

http://www.kare11.com/onlive/wherewe...x?aid=56714&bw

I'll post some spooky nighttime pics soon as well!

Till next year, Happy Haunting!

Jason
              Last edited by JasonSt; 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM.
              http://www.nftsproductions.com
              http://www.myspace.com/nfts
              http://www.freewebs.com/eeriestreethaunt/
              http://www.myspace.com/eeriestreethaunt

Comment

nice job to both of you,

quick question- how much did you guys advertise and if someone were to get hurt at your haunt would you be liable.
                Im thinking of advertising next year and just want to know my options are, cause without advertising i get like 10 trick or treators
                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I've done home haunts for years, in addition to commercial haunts. For home haunting I wouldn't advertise at all, as that will open you up to more liability and at least would 'seem' that you are trying to run a full fledge haunted production. In the end, if someone gets hurt, your ass is on the line. You can definitely take steps to mitigate risks, i.e. I put ramps for handicap tricker/treaters (as I have one area with steps), make sure everything is well lite (enough to avoid any serious injuries), fire-proofed and I place a few people throughout to help guide the tricker/treaters. But most people who go to a home haunt just appreciate the fact that you're putting it on, as opposed to professional haunt. In the 5 years I've run my home haunt, most leave with a smile, or better yet scream, on the their face. Plus its frickin AWESOME to be that house, which is how I initially got started.

Happy Haunting!!!!

Comment

well, i dont get enough trick or treater not to advertise.
                    I guess the delema i am having is what i am thinking baout doing next year, and will it be worth it.
                    I am considereding constructing a freestanding temporary wooden structure in my back yard for the haunted house. IT would simply mean i would have to man up and leave that black plastic sheeting behind. I figure if i get alot of people to go through it it would be well worth it. But if i dont iit would be worth it. Some of the stuff that i am going to need if i decide to advertise would cost lots of money, ie security, security camera, more than likely fireretardent paint. That kind of stuff is going to take me all year to save up for. And spending hundreds of dollars on this sort of stuff would not be worth 10 trick or treaters. ITS still free to go through the haunt, but i wouldnt get as much satisfaction from doing it.
                    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Undertaker313, If your haunt is an indoor haunt (which I believe it is) you should try to make the outside as visually appealing as well. If the outside of the house is well lit, it will attract more people. Also, try purchasing a lightning kit with soundtrack to synchronize your strobes with lightning sounds and placing that outside of your haunt. In all, If you make the outside of your house look like there is something going on, people will come.

Comment

it is an indoor hautn, but next year it will be outback, which will mean i will have to try even hard to get peoles attention by lighting up the front,
                        yeah i will probably try and sync the light to music or something, thats really cool

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
                          nice job to both of you,

quick question- how much did you guys advertise and if someone were to get hurt at your haunt would you be liable.
                          Im thinking of advertising next year and just want to know my options are, cause without advertising i get like 10 trick or treators
                          This year i advertised with huge road signs at major street corners and a sign in front of my home 2 weeks prior to halloween.
                          Now it is the sign that i think brought the fire marshall out =/ ( that scared me)
                          but it also helped double our attendence.
                          I couldnt have been happier with the turn out, and as far as you being liable goes, make it safe and your fine.
                          People can sue you if the fall at a doorstep trick or treating or if they get hurt in a haunt its the same thing.
                          Drew and Shane
                          www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

yeah , allright,

all i have to figure out if its allright with our township and i should be fine,
                            But liability wise, cant do much about it.

Would love to see some pics of your haunt DeadEndDungeon,

Comment

This year we nearly doubled our traffic from last year. We had 320 people walk through. Last year we had about 170. Though I think we would have done more last year if we had two guides like we did this year. So there was always a group going through the haunt.

We did some analysis this year as to where the people heard about the haunt. We tried signs in stores, rely on return customers, word of mouth, trick or treaters, and street signs(small signs hung on stop signs like all the yard salers do).
                              We were surprised by the results and know what to go with next year. 18% said they came because they came last year, and 40% said it was because of the street signs. We put them up on the 29th. Only 7% came from signs in stores, and that was the most work, talking to managers and getting them to post them, and I did this weeks before Halloween.
                              We didn't want too many showing to be honest with you.

Plus what helped is my house is across the street from an elementary school, so I had one of my actors stand in my front yard while the kids were getting out.

For a mid sized town in GA I think we did pretty good. Our goal next year is 450 people.
                              www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Working...
                              X