Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some wierd haunt I've been hearing about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some wierd haunt I've been hearing about?

So today in school people were talking about haunted houses and I heard that people are planning on going to one where in one part there's a dark maze and you have to find your way through the dark and as you go through it people grab you and pull you into a different part of the maze or a different room and eithery you have to go alone or quit. They also said you have to sign a waiver. Now, these aren't people who have a slightest amount of knowledge and you know how people love to brag and bullshit so is this place real? Where is it? What's it called?

They said it's somewhere I think in PA maybe? Not sure. We live by the city (NYC) in north jersey.

At first when they started talking about it I thought they were talking about ESP and I was about to chime in until they started saying what happens inside and then realized it wasn't.

What is this place! Cause if it's real I wanna go! I know that a lot of big haunts have their last weekend this week and I'd like to catch it before they close!

I think that's the new urban legend to replace the 13 stories get your money back one. We have had people all month saying they heard we would make them sign a waive because we were going to separate them.

Jokes on them, next season I am going to separate them (but I won't be concerned with a waiver) hehe
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

yeah, im going with the ledged
      peole piss me off so bad at school
      cause for some reason all of them are led to believe that their is some 13 floor building with peole pushing you and tripping you and if you make it to the top you get some reward
      Its really strange that PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TO A HAUNTED HOUSE THAT DOSENT EXIST
      and if you ask them what its called they wont know and if you ask them where it is they wont know
      usually you get the story that they went their when they were telly young and dont remember,
      Personally i havent been to a haunted house that makes you sign a waiver, or touches you.
      My friend who is semi knowledgable about haunted hosues said a haunted house call NOX seperated you and touches you but i cant find their website i dont think they have a haunt this year.
      Also people talk about how they had to sign a waver to go to this certain haunted house and they put you in a coffin and bury you, not sure with what or how deep

ONe last note- next year we are going to expand and make a free standing structre in my back yard to house the haunted house, all the different rooms are going to be phobias, so for claustrophobia im making the path ways a little mor than a foot wide in some places less, and im going to make it a maze, pitch black,. NOW HOW COOL WOULD IT BE TO SPLIT THEM UP IT THAT. how could i split them up so they end up by them selves in this claustrophobia maze, i cant touch them.

Soething i get to figure out over the summer, any help would be cool
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I did our funhouse in a building the had two exits at the end. We had a clown in a rolling cage that would move in between a group separating them and making them use different exits. The results were funny to say the least. People got really pissed when they were separated. Some bordered on violence so if I were to do this again I would not have an actor doing the separating...

Barry

Comment

I wonder how much time is spent splitting people up?
          Time is money, especially with a seasonal business. I can't see alot of people allowing this to happen to them or their group. It sounds like an on-going fight to me.
          Just set up the majority of your scares so you can ambush them as individuals, picking on them one at a time, this eliminates any need for any seperation and also allows it to be a group experience giving them all some fun memories to talk about thereby providing your place with more free advertising by word-of-mouth, which is THE absolutely BEST form of advertising, bar none.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I did go through a haunt a couple of years ago that had a section with 3 or 4 seperate slides and 1 line. Whatever group you were in, you each took turns on seperate slides which ended up in a different room. It put you alone for about a minute or two with some pretty disturbing actors until you ended back up with your group again. Kinda freaky but a very effective.

If you did something like this, I dont think that I would advertise being seperated as part of the experience. Even though some of us think it's a great idea people tend to feel much safer in greater numbers.
            http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

Not sure what's happening in Pa.

But, a few years ago such a dark room existed at BoogerWoods in East Texas. We had a group of 5 or 6 and from an outdoor trail you enter basically a shack with carpeted floors over the dirt and all black. Actors are in there also totally in black or it is indeed so dark you can't see. They are standing in the way and you must feel your way. To seperate the group they silmply move and become a human chain. Somehow I was not the target and slithered my way out the exit and got to hear the screams and calling for help by name by not being allowed to proceed in total darkness. I laughed pretty hard at that. They kept them at bay for maybe 3 minutes which to them probably felt like 20 minutes.

I don't know if they had night vision or just knew their way around but, there were no walls, no obstructions just slithering actors standing still for the most part. It sounds like it might be dangerous if someidiot decided to start punching his way out or perhaps there is something to having no idea where the exit is is truely intimidating. You wouldn't want to start a fight as a customer and beheld in there with some kind of revenge in "their" territory so it is stupid to do anything but be subservient and survive. But, customers are stupid sometimes. I didn't feel like they were in armor in there.

If this experience is somewhere right now they probably had the last of it last night, so no way to see it.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Hmmm, well yes he said he went there too. But he also said he'd send the site. SO? I'd assume that if this haunt existed that

Since it doesn't exist though, why doesn't it!? Fake, but it sounds REALLY awesome.

OFF TOPIC:

Scareview what's the name of that haunt with the slides? That sounds really awesome.
                And Undertaker, if I can make a suggestion, phobias is what really gets to people. Yoou should retheme your whole haunt to phobia themed. Claustrophobia, darkness, clowns, spiders/insects/bats/rats/spiders/critters, Hemophobia (fear of blood and gore), Scelerophobia (the fear of bad people!), Taphephobia and Necrophobia (the fear of cemeteries and burials and dead bodies), and Phasmophobia (fear of ghosts)

I actually happen to be writing a script for a horror movie that involves many phobias (so thats how I know some from looking them up). People have a phobia for EVERYTHING.

Comment

I have always used some phobias here but we scare with the phobia and then everyone has a good laugh (because what actually scared you was so stupid and you were so "easy".) This is excellant therapy and inspires people to return to see it again because they had FUN! Fun infront of their friends and possibly the phobia"s destruction.
                  Phobias limit people's experiencing life to the fullest.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

s.fc90, the name of the haunt is the Edge of Madness in Calhoun, Louisiana. Awesome place!!!!! They may have discontinued the slides, not sure. That was about 2 or 3 years ago.

Anyway, check'em out....... edgeofmadness.com
                    http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

We did separate individuals from their groups for a very brief amount of time this year (they didn't know how long they'd be separated for). A lot of customers did it, but there were many who refused - some did make threats -, so we let them take one other person from their group with them. Needless to say, we did have some bottlenecking in this area...people don't like the prospect of going through on their own.

We had an actor doing the separating, but he did extremely well. He didn't take threats personally and didn't push people too far.
                      www.mindseizure.com
                      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I heard of this haunted house for the past 22 years. Never found out who runs it or where it is. After that amount of time you'd think the Travel chennel would cornor them
                        ~HauntedWebby~
                        www.lazarusmaze.com
                        www.bbqandghosts.com
                        "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

haha well, someone should make it.

I remember back in 2002, I was 12 and I went to Terror Behind The Walls at ESP and I was with my dad and my 2 older just married cousins. We got to one part of the haunt and they split the guys and the girls up. The girls went first. Then us guys and we went through some dark ass maze. I was scared shitless! I wish they still did that.

Comment

There are many haunts that split people up and have dark mazes. But I think the one that was spoke of in the original post is not real.

Like the state mental hospital where patients are the actors. No state in their right mind (no pun) would allow that.
                            ~HauntedWebby~
                            www.lazarusmaze.com
                            www.bbqandghosts.com
                            "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

^haha imagine. Then I'd really fear for my life lol

That's true there are haunts that do that, only, none around me :'( so thats why 2002 was so memorable for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X