Damn Street Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Street Lights

We are in a corner lot of our street, normally a great location for a yard haunt except for one thing....the damn street light is on our corner. It totally screwed up any black light effects. (BTW don't bother with the 100 watt bulbs you buy at stores like Partyland, Walmart. I couldn't even get the effect I wanted inside the house in total darkness. Any recommendations?)

Has anyone had this problem with street lights and what did you do to counter it short of asking a neighborhood holligan to shoot it with a beebee gun?

Thanks for any input.

I understand what you mean.
    This year our first room in our extension was a mask room with all white maskS hung by black threads and 2 guys in black costumes that would hold some mask and make certain ones jump out at people.
    The only problem was the change in day light saving time.
    It didnt get dark until 7 so I didnt think the room would work for the first hour( we opened at 6)
    I solved the problem bY sealing all outside light possible, and then covering the 20inch black light allowing only about 1 inch of light to get through.
    The masks light up great and the room worked even in bright sunlight outside.

Try dimming you black light or only allowing alittle light through, It worked for us.
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

black light bulbs, no matter how big dont work, its that easy
      we had over 250 watts of black light bulbs and they didnt work

Flourecent black light work very well
      they are the only way to go,
      as for the street light problem

I heard you can put a laser pointer on a tripod and point it at the light sensor on the top of the street light, it then triggers them to go off,. i have heard however about street lights that are manually switched on, in this case that wil not work, should work for you though,
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Make sure you leave the pointer on the sensor for a while before you give up on it. Most of them will not react immediately to ambient light changes so lightning, birds, etc don't make the light flash on or off.
        Motors and skulls:
        http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

Working...
        X