Great opening night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great opening night!

Well, the season began last night for us with a bang! I was getting a little nervous early in the evening because it was a little slow to start. When 9:00 came around they started coming in waves. From 9:00 on we had a good line till we stopped selling tickets at 1 am. We ended up having our best opening night since we've been open.

We received great comments from our customers, who loved the horror mixed with a splash of humor we added this year.

We had some media show up to do interviews and take photos. They could not believe the energy of our actors. Frankly, being opening night, I couldn't believe how well they did myself.

Looks good so far. How was everyone else's opening nights?

Have a great season,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Congrats on a great opening night Howie! We also had a fantastic opening night. We still have to tally the numbers, as we didn't get out of the haunt until about 1:30 this morning, but we did somewhere between 3 and 4 times our opening night last year! If last night was an indication of how the season is going to go, we're going to be having an incredible season! The patrons seemed to be more freaked out this year than usual. Man the screams were loud and plenty :!: :twisted: I hope everyone else is enjoying a great start to the season as well!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Same here had a real good night, even rained later, but they kept coming, take care./ Fred
      http://www.hustonville.com

Comment

I was happy with our opening night. We had about 1.5 times more people than we did last year and we had people coming from 2 plus hours away. The actors (including me) are still getting into our groove but I think we're off to a decent start.

Best of luck to everyone tonight!

Comment

We have had a real good month. (Open every night of the year)
          I don't "change" the rooms in my house , but I really get reactions because they have been here before and they allow themselves to get lulled into a comfortable mental place assuming they know everything, then WOW! Gotcha!" hahahaah!
          The newest "thing" in the house has proven very effective and it even fits right in with my storyline of the house and my experiences in this "Haunted", Haunted House.
          This last summer we had some really good months and some really terrible months, mostly dependant upon the price of a gallon of gas.....
          The poor months dropped the high months pretty low, sort of like getting 3 "F"s on the report card and one "A", it doesn't get you on the honor roll!
          (Especially if your "A" is in "Social Living")
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Bad Night!

We had a really bad night. Only 7 people! It rained most of the day here. Hope the season picks up!

Comment

Good to hear that most houses have started off the season on a good note.

dlugojay, do you work for a pro haunt?

Slobber
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm so happy to hear that most everyone had great opening nights! Definitely post when you open, if you haven't yet already! Sorry to hear about the misfortune djlugo...do you have a home or pro haunt?

We had a spectacular opening night! We *tripled* our numbers from opening night last year! The radio stations gave away tickets during the week and those winners were the first people in. They loved it! Another big draw were Doug and Melinda of firemancer.com. Their shows were amazing and everyone loved them!

We're hoping our numbers will continue to be above last year's attendance.

I hope that you all have a great season!
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Ye s, I own and operate the Fortress of Fear in Garretsville, Ohio. We have been in business for seven years now and have fought for a crowd each year. I am in a very competative market(Cleveland Area) and fight for costomers. I put this show on myself with the help of my brother so we unfortunatly cannot afford enough radio spots to get noticed with the bigger events(7 Floors/Fright World). Check out our web site www.fortressoffear.com. Any ideas on advertizment would be great.

Comment

Congrats everyone on having great success opening night. We here at the Trail of Terror tripled our attendance for our opening night. Great reviews and if this keeps up we'll have to stop selling at 9:00 to get out by 2:00am.

Good luck everyone!!

Happy haunting.

Wayne "Spookologist"

www.trailofterror.com

Comment

I found out years ago that is REAL hard to entertain people at 5:30 am after they had been standing, waiting to get in since 10:00 pm.
                      Of course most of them had driven 3 to 4 hours just to get here and they didn't want to waste the driving effort, so they stayed, waited......
                      Our policy was that if you were still standing there waiting , we would still take you in no matter how late it became.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X