Anyone use Stilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Stilts?

Hey- does anyone use stilts? I went to a haunted house with 2 ladies on stilts going through the lines and they were really scary. What do you all think of them?
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

hey ben...i dont have much experience using drywall stilts for haunting purposes, however i love the x-scream sports stilts....they have advantages and disadvantages...so it all depends on if you can uses them in your haunt or not...they are extremely maneuverable, easy to learn to use, the user can be in them for extended periods of time without fatigue, and the height advantage lends itself to a much easier scare...the disadvantages - i wouldnt recommend use in places where the ground is not hard (i.e. loose dirt, mud, wet grass, gravel)...user has difficulty standing still without a 3rd point of contact...and some places in the haunt may become inaccesable to the actor while wearing the stilts without some assistance from someone (i.e. stairs, low ceilings etc.)...hope this helps out

todd
    screamline

Comment

Of course helium balloons would eliminate any falling problems but they aren"t cheap.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ben, Stilt Scarecters are fantastic. The Extreme sports stilts are way more effective than standard stilts, everyone has seen a TALL monster before, BUT when said TALL monster can chase you down and CATCH you, it all becomes a different story! Keep your eyes open for 2008 lineup with 3 all new stilt costumes.
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
        X