Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever notice that Halloween displays come down in 2-3 days but Xmas stays up until Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever notice that Halloween displays come down in 2-3 days but Xmas stays up until Feb

Just venting since it drives me a bit crazy. It just seems as though you see Christmas lights up until the end of January in some places, but any Halloween displays are down almost as soon as possible. I guess it's to make room FOR the Christmas displays, but it just bothers me.

Halloween night I was out with friends. I can home from a party at 12. The streets were empty. The next day I drive through, and the ENTIRE commercial down town area which is pretty big...every street lamp, every tree, every telephone pole had Christmas decorations on it. They did it in a day and the day RIGHT AFTER Halloween.

The one thing I don't like is Christmas clahing with Halloween. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, but I when it starts right after Thanksgiving, not right after Halloween.

Christmas decor doesn't stay up until Feb. (maybe where you are) but I know it does throughout January. It stays up though through January because in Christianity the 3 wise men didn't visit Jesus until like mid January so technically they still stay up. They basically come down by the end of Jan. Only the fanatics leave it up as long as possible and put them out now.

Comment

Maybe it is this way because the Halloween decorations cost more, are harder to find, more "Precious!"
      I am removing my decorations from the streetlight pole at the end of the block because I have half a "Bucky" wired up there, much more valuable to me than a thin, plastic, hollow "Santa".
      The Chamber of Commerce sells everyone a pole to decorate for clubs and businesses, $10.oo each, lots of fun! (Of course I could glue a wispy white beard on Bucky's jaw and say it was a Christmas dispaly?)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya that would be pretty cool Jim! If I were you I would buy a pole to decorate for xmas with a Halloween touch to it! There are alot of cool things you could do and with your imagination I cant imagine what you might come up with! LOL! If you do post pictures here for us to see!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

The stores around here hadn't even put up their full Halloween displays yet before putting up the Christmas stuff up right beside it. I would expect to see at least one house with their Christmas lights on already in the next 2 weeks. I think that it's Thanksgiving that really has fallen off though. With the continous emergence of Halloween it seems that Thanksgiving is becoming less significant like it used too, after Halloween it's full steam ahead towards Christmas. At least that's how it seems to be.

Allan

Comment

I dont want to see Ravens Grinn reduced to a christmas display

I'm with you guys on this,

It sucks when your all trying to get into the Halloween spirit early October, and you see Christmas decorations next to the Halloween stuff. I mean c'mon! haha.

Ya I really love chrstmas. I mean I play that charlie brown christmas cd, and I love the good vibes of the season and all...good cheer you know....But you really have to ignore these decorations until you have had personal closure on Halloween (and all that went on).

Your right Horseman, We all gotta take our satanic decorations down chop chop the next day - just kinda the unspoken code...like deep down people are wondering when the dirty circus carnes will pack it all up.

I mean why dont we just celebrate the new year if were gonna be Christmasy.

A proper reckoning of time would be nice. Are people so nastalgic for this time of year, that they bite on the Christmas merch so early?? We're just getting into the throws of Fall...I still want my Fall, Im still falling.
            my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
              The stores around here hadn't even put up their full Halloween displays yet before putting up the Christmas stuff up right beside it. I would expect to see at least one house with their Christmas lights on already in the next 2 weeks. I think that it's Thanksgiving that really has fallen off though. With the continous emergence of Halloween it seems that Thanksgiving is becoming less significant like it used too, after Halloween it's full steam ahead towards Christmas. At least that's how it seems to be.

Allan
              Um...Thanksgiving was never significant. It's the one day you can pig out and not feel bad about it and have a great time with family and friends. It's a one day holiday with the following few days being "left over" days. It's not a significant holiday. Christmas is the holiday that lost most of it's significance but who cares, I like this Christmas probably more than I would have 50 years ago.

Halloween though...I'm thinking that it REALLY needs to be recognized as a holiday. It's a day to celebrate the dead. So, why is that so sac-religious towards other religions? Is it a crime to celebrate those who've passed? Oh well, it's so commercial now that all religious meaning is basically gone. I never even knew it was. Now it's just an amazing month for all of us who love scary shit.

Comment

Working...
              X