Dead Acres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Acres!

Just got done editing a new promo short for Dead Acres and let me tell ya, I must've went through that show a hundred times and something STILL got my heart racin' on each pass. Killer show, killer actors, killer crowd... What can I say, it's killer. Lines a mile long and license plates from as far off as Texas (DA is in Ohio). It's like a county fair or something. People move out of the area and, no matter how far they go, they make the trip back to the Hoochie every year. It's Haunted Americana! Hahaha. I had a blast filming and talking to the frightened patrons outside. I can't wait till next year.

Words can not describe what Tim and his crew have done with this small piece of property out in the sticks. The machine called 'Hoochie' that they have created. In my opinion, the man is a genius.

You can view the promo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwCSZu33aQ

Lemme know what you think!
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Great work on that video!

Comment

I dont criticize or ever say bad things on this board. I normally try to help who I can if possible. But I do have to say this about your video. The scene with the man putting the shotgun in his mouth is a little over the top. I think its in bad taste. And if I was to go through your haunt I would tell you the same. I think with the way that the world is today that suicide and different things such as terrorism ect is just a little too real. I dont think young people going through your haunt should be exposed to this. And with something that extreme you would almost need an 17 or over rating. There are alot of trouble teens and children not to mention adults. Some with alot of problems. Maybe they are going to a haunted house to escape reality or there problems. Im sorry but I just think this is very unappropriate and wrong. Its your alls haunted house, you can do what you want but think about what your representing here is not good or a positive thing.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I think I gave my two cents on the shot gun thing in another post. I would have to agree with Damon, not the best idea for a haunt. Keep things like this in a RATED "R" movie. Way to over the top! Sorry, but it's what I think.

Brian

Comment

GREAT VIDEO..... ( kix axx ) GREAT HAUNT.... KUDOS to you on the video
          Very nice work.... I love the sound of the shotgun cocking at the end with repeat of the suicide. NICELY DONE ..... ( brought an evil smile to my face )

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
            And if I was to go through your haunt I would tell you the same.
            It isn't my haunt. I'm just a multimedia guy thanking the haunt owner who let me run amok with my camera and bs with his adoring customers. And I won't get into the shotgun discussion again. The last time I did, I was verbally assaulted. I will say this... At least 4 out of 10 customers told my camera that it was their favorite scene and not one of them said that they wouldn't come back because of it. The facts speak for themselves.

Soooooo... Content aside, what did you think of the VIDEO?

Comment

Thats on Bad Ass Video Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              No on wants haunted houses with good taste.
              We just want it to taste Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I won't plow the same ground again over the shotgun scene.

The video rocks. IT's great. I liked it and would love to have something like that for our haunt next year.

Comment

I think at the conclusion of the shotgun scene a game warden should walk on camera and give him a citation for hunting out of season.
                  "That wood tick on the back of your head was on the endangered species list, you blatant criminal!"
                  Anybody remember the Monty Python skit of the Upper-Middle Class Twit Competition? They were all so unco-ordinated they couldn't blow their own brains out! Pretty funny, first one to do it would have WON!
                  I made a poster for my house advertising "The Head-Bangers Ball" featuring all the famous head-bangers as in :"BANG!" =No Head!
                  I made it fueled by my anger at such a suicide that had recently taken place.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nice soundtrack and video.... like the bit of Ministry... I am really going to have to try and get up to see this event in 2008. This event is an enigma to me as it just looks bloody and violent.... I obviously need to go see what I am missing.... cause I must be missing something... I guess I need a road trip your way in 2008....
                    Last edited by dr0zombie; 11-05-2007, 10:00 PM.
                    http://www.innerfears.com/
                    http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

I don't hink "Hype" is when the patrons talk favorably about what you have.
                      That word has negative connotations as in lying by someone incharge of creating advertising .
                      Enthusiastic former customers usually don't waste their time lying to anyone about how good something was if infact it really wasn't.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Agreed... hype was probably the wrong word. I removed it as I wasn't trying to imply the show was not what it appears. Obviously people are really into this show as it has a huge following...... I guess I need a trip over there in 2008 to go see the show.
                        Last edited by dr0zombie; 11-05-2007, 10:06 PM.
                        http://www.innerfears.com/
                        http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

dead acres

[QUOTE=actiondeath;22882]It isn't my haunt. I'm just a multimedia guy thanking the haunt owner who let me run amok with my camera and bs with his adoring customers. And I won't get into the shotgun discussion again. The last time I did, I was verbally assaulted. I will say this... At least 4 out of 10 customers told my camera that it was their favorite scene and not one of them said that they wouldn't come back because of it. The facts speak for themselves.

Gee i guess I can never just shut up!

4 out of 10 customers said they liked the shotgun thing?
                          The fact is you have a losing ratio there my friend.
                          I push the envelope....and many of our actors do
                          I have been to dead acres. It is a good haunted house.
                          I can't say GREAT because of some of the issues I had when I went.

We at Dream Reapers decided to have a live sacrifice next year to see what the media does for us then.

The video is pretty cool......

Dead acres does push the envelope.....and like I said I always do
                          We have had a girl getting killed in a shower for a few years......people just stop and stare....clap.....and say hit her again
                          Last edited by Ken Spriggs; 11-06-2007, 08:34 AM.
                          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs View Post
                            The fact is you have a losing ratio there my friend.
                            Hahaha... That came out wrong. It's not a ratio. I spoke with 10 groups and asked them what their favorite part was. 4 of them said the suicide was their favorite scene. The fact is that the other responses were your normal "chainsaw at the end" (3), "Fence maze where I can't get away from them" (1), and "vortex tunnel" (2). Actually, I think one guy called it the "swirly whirl" which, honestly... If I was the entrapreneur who created that device, I so would've called it the "swirly whirl", so I knew what he was talking about. Anyway, in my poll of sorts, it ranked pretty high.

I remember your experience at D.A., Ken. I think there was a thread a mile long about it. I'm actually sad that it wasn't a good one because I was a guest actor that night.

I also remember your show from Transworld 06. The girl getting killed in the shower seemed, to my wife and I, more like a domestic violence "wife-beater" scene. The girl was BEGGING us to help her and telling us to be quiet because "he might hear us". Then the guy came in with a belt or a chain or something and we just heard this piercing screaming and pleading. It wasn't too unlike the realism of the Hoochie's suicide. It stood out. We talked about it for days. It creeped us out.

Comment

For many years now I have had a display that makes some people upset (or at least they say they are?)
                              It has to do with real life Monsters, a bunch of guys from the past who actually did murder and torture millions of people (for fun & Profit?) the NAZIs!
                              A display, lest the world forget. It isn't bloody or gruesome but I am making fun of them, but this doesn't matter to some people, they think we all should simply ignore history(so it can more easily happen again?)
                              "What would a Jewish person think of this?" (Because there is a large swaztika displayed)
                              My Grandfather's last name was Katzenburger, "Katz" is one of the oldest continuously used last names in history , going back 3,500 years and incase you didn't guess, it is Jewish.
                              I don't practise the religion I'm too much of an American mutt for that, "Mixing of the ethnics!! Verbooten! Yah!"
                              "Nah!"
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X