Solid Walls / pneumatics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid Walls / pneumatics

does anyone know were i can find instructions for building a solid wall system. Right now we use black plastic and next year i want the haunt to feel kind of professional. Also can someone direct to a place where i cam figure out the make a pneumatic door opener / closer. I want to add them onto some rooms next year.
    Fright Factory Boyscout Spook-O-Ree event http://www.freewebs.com/frightfactory/
    Scareside Studios www.freewebs.com/scareside

well its actually pretty simple

BAsicly what you want to do is plan out the floor plan of your haunt,
    THen you want to figure out how many linear feet of walls you have.

Divide that number by how wide you want your wall panels to be, usually they are four feet by eight feet.

So if you need 400 linear feet of walls you need 100 wall panels.
    THen you ahve to construct the wall panels. For each wall panel you need a 4 by 8 sheet of ply wood thickness depends on your budget. and 3 2by 4's. NOw you need to make a frame for the wall panel by cutting the 2 by 4s to create a famework that is 4 feet by 8 feet.
    Then screw the plywood to the frame, and your done.
    Once you have all of these panels made. YOu can just screw them togethor at the side in the desired layout. NOw once you have a few walls up, put overhead bracings on. To do this take any sive wood, the larger the better. And connect the wall panels on the top in several pllaces. The idea is to connect all of the panels so that it is one structure and once it is done it is very solid.

I hope i explained this well, its something hard to explain in word. Better in pictures, something that i dont have.

Their are cheaper ways to make this type of wal, such as using 2 by2 instead of 2 by 4's and using OSB board instead of plywood, many differend ways to do it. Just keep in mind any way you do it, USE SCREWS not nails. Trust me, you will thank me when you are tearing it all down.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Solid wall panel are not to hard to make. I take a few extra step that make the walls more durable and easy to assemble inside the haunt.

I use 2x2's and 3/8" plywood.

Why? 2x2's makes walls lighter to transport and very easy to assemble I have my 2x2's predrilled with 3/8 inch holes to accept 5/16'" bolts to hold panels together.
      I also glue the the plywood onto the 2x2's to make the whole system much stronger. I fasten the plywood on with 1/4" crown staples. These panels will last for a long time. They are also very strong. I had a 6 to 8 inch Diameter tree fall onto my wall panels out in the woods. other then scaring the crap out of me the walls and I came out unscaved.
      Ken
      www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

nice work,
        Love the bolt hole idea, and the whole concept, what do those bolts usually run

HOw does a 1/4 inch staple go through a 3/8 inch piece of plywood, im guessing you just typed it in wrong,
        Last edited by UnDeRTaKer313; 11-05-2007, 07:59 PM.
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Thanks guys for the input. Really helps when you have a ton a work to do for next year. Do you guys know how wide my hallways should be? This year the walls were about 3 feet apart from each other but i want it to be compatable with the 4x8 plywood.
          Fright Factory Boyscout Spook-O-Ree event http://www.freewebs.com/frightfactory/
          Scareside Studios www.freewebs.com/scareside

Comment

UnDeRTaKer313
            If you look back it says 1/4" CROWN staples. They are an inch long. although you can go longer, I sure wouldn't go any shorter.

I buy my bolts from Tractor Supply they run a 1.50 something a pound. If you weigh out the cost of using bolts over screws Bolt can be reused thousands of times, most of the time screws can only be used effectively once or twice (they get bent, striped broken. or just lost).
            Ken
            www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Working...
            X