Rules and Safety Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules and Safety Signs

I am looking for signage ideas for haunted attractions. What signs are needed in and around Haunted Attractions? What do your rules and safety signs say. Does your signage reflect your haunts image, or are they generic?
    Ken
    www.boocrewproduction.com

Some warning signs can have humor or something unusual in their wording to attract the public's attention. A sign is worthless if nobody notices it or thinks about what the sign is telling you.
    "All clothing must remain on no matter how excited or stimulated you become."
    "No smoking near the napalm exhibit."
    "Ravens Grin Tours Fear, Excitement, Physical and Mental Risk-Premature death"
    "You must have a note from your bartender."
    "Not recommended for the Elderly,the Pregnant, the Terrified Unwilling,the Crippled.
    Also not recommended for the Crippled, Terrified Unwilling, Pregnant, Elderly!"
    "This Sign was put here for your enjoyment, Sorry, didn't mean to offend you in any way."
    "No running or we will chase you down, put a saddle on you and rent you out for rides to people with whips!"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Before patrons pass through the first room, they are read important rules by our guides. Any humor added to the rules is left by the guides themselves.

No Weapons: "Our patients are vicious enough as it is. Don't give em' anything they might use to their advantage."

No Touching: "Our patients also don't like to be touched. Touch them with your hands and they might be inclined to keep them!"

No Lighters or Matches: "This is a very old building. With very flammable material all around. No fire of any sort. We don't want things to go BOOM!"

No Cameras: "Especially flash cameras. Ya know why!? The flash excites them and next thing you know, they're beating you to death until the screaming stops."

No Food or Drink: "We haven't been feeding our patients as much as we use to. If they see or smell any food or drink, they'll go into a frenzy. And trust me, you don't want that."

No Drugs of Any Kind: "Oh, they love their medicine. So much so, that they'll pry it out of your hands with a scalpel!"
      Last edited by Smiley; 11-06-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

what we do it just post enter at your own risk signs and then before they enter the first room we tell them the precautions.. just like, we use strobe lights and fog machines....do not enter if you are pregnant or have certain heart conditions..we also use signs for the line..when they come to that point they can tell one of our monsters at the front gate that they are allergic to that but they still want to go through..

Comment

We have a video camera recording us reading the sign to them, "See, you were told!"
          When they first notice they are being filmed and it happens to be a group of young girls I point to the monitor and say, "Look! "Bay Watch"- The Younger Years!"
          This makes them feel good.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I like the humor side approach very good idea Jim! You are right they wont read something unless its entertaining or put right in front of there face. I like the different approach. Dont you just love this site you learn something new everyday!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Most people like to read. If you doubt this, take a pencil and write something on the wall almost upside down only four feet off of the floor, then count how many people will twist their necks around to read it!
              Very fun!
              "Bud, Save these boards." Was the cryptic message left by the nail-pounder when remodeling was done , the boards didn't get "saved", they ended up at my house as part of a wall.
              They had to turn their head sideways while standing on the stairs but they did it!
              All the time! I finally painted over it.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X