Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For your Actors (Ghouls)

Which one do your actors like most?

next year i am choosing to go with make up and prosthetics instead of masks and i dont know which one to choose. Here are my choices:

Make-up/prosthetics

Masks

or.. Masks with added prosthetics on them.

which do your actors like most?
    help please!

you ask why i am asking so early? i am going to be busy in spring and summer,
    very very busy..lol

any responses are welcome!

Troy (loves hauntworld)

Our actors prefer makeup only.

Very few like prosthetics and even fewer will wear them all season.

Comment

Very little make up is used here because everybody is cruising for Chicks!
      I have threatened to put up a notice board with all the pertinent info on all of them on it with phone numbers ex cetra, maybe I will next year?
      The older and uglier I get...the better it works for me, the oldest, scariest creep here!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I personally prefer to use makeup, prosthetics, and contacts versus a latex mask. Good quaility latex are okay too if your actor doesnt have a speaking role or if they are placed in a dark setting. You will probably find that alot of your actors will not have the time to apply anything other than a mask. My makeup generally takes a couple of hours to apply myself if I want it to look really good. I have found myself in a latex mask a time or two because of the time issue.
        http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

make up vs mask.

Most of our actors prefer make up and prostetics. The prostetics and make up give them a more realistic look and it is easier to see and speak in make up. We use very few masks, mostly in scenes when a character would actually wear a mask. This year we caved in and had Michal Myers which required a mask. We usually stay away from movie characters, it doesnt fit our theme, but we caught a lot of slack last year when our local TV station ran a commercial that was recorded a couple of years ago and showed a scene with Michael. If you have the time and manpower I recommend the make up and prostetic route. We are lucky enough to be able to run 8 at a minimum, and at times, up to 10 make up chairs each night and start 2 hours prior to the opening of the show. I will say though, that masks have come a long way since the days that I acted on a routine basis. The silicone masks and foam latex masks are much easier to wear, and look much more realistic, and even the latex masks look and wear better. With the heat we had this year though ,masks would have been very hard to pull off.

Comment

Working...
          X