Poll!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll!!!

I found this company in my home state. I think that this might be what I go with for my first year.

I was to a scare fair that had one of these and it's pretty cool. I was not sure what to think, but I had to make sure that I went to this haunt to check things out for myself.

http://www.spookyworks.com/lease.htm

COMMENTS PLEASE!!!

Thanks,

Brian

Well I guess it depends on what your fire marshal thinks. Since you will qualify as indoors will he make you have a sprinkler system? I don't think it will be very easy to attach if he does.
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

This was used out side when I was at the haunt. It had a lighting system, but I don't think it had sprinklers.

Brian

Comment

As soon as you have six sides to a room (floor/ground, walls and roof) you are considered indoors. All structures are outside So you'll have to play by those rules.
        ~HauntedWebby~
        www.lazarusmaze.com
        www.bbqandghosts.com

Comment

TRUE!

Brian

Comment

I'd still talk to your fire marshal, they might consider it a temp display and give you a break.
            ~HauntedWebby~
            www.lazarusmaze.com
            www.bbqandghosts.com

Comment

I hear ya, I have been trying to get a hold of them. The fire dept. has a new chief, and seems not to be to interested in my plans as of now. We just finished Halloween, so why would anyone want to deal with it?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Haunt View Post
                I hear ya, I have been trying to get a hold of them. The fire dept. has a new chief, and seems not to be to interested in my plans as of now. We just finished Halloween, so why would anyone want to deal with it?

Brian
                Then talk to you mayor to get the ball rolling. Make them think that you are very interested in what they have to say. Show them all the good points, and that you don't want to make any trouble. That is why you need their help now.

Smooze them LOL
                ~HauntedWebby~
                www.lazarusmaze.com
                www.bbqandghosts.com

Comment

Those are Scair Structures.

http://www.scairstructures.com/

According to Lee Seymour, both the Haunt and the Chamber are made of flame retardant material.

Those things are under 1000 square feet so a sprinkler system isn't required by law in Minnesota.

That doesn't mean your local fire marshal isn't going to try to make you install one, though.
                  Guerilla Haunter

Comment

It's under 1000 square feet and a temporary outdoor structure so you are probably gonna get a pass on sprinklers.

But how can you entertain anyone in a 900 square foot haunt? Even if it's pitch black they will be through it in a few minutes. If you are going to put on a theatrical production in a small tent (to extend the time), buy or rent a small tent and save a fortune on the inflatable. Here's a tent company. Look at their prices. A 1000 square foot pole tent will run you $2700

http://www.tentsource.com/pole.htm

A scarestructure the same size is $10,000.

EDIT: I am not trying to shoot down your dream. However, don't waste your money. I believe that this is exactly the wrong way to go about starting your show. If you have ten or fifteen grand find a partner who can match you and who compliments your skills, lease a building and build a real show.
                    Last edited by screamshow; 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

COOL! I think this is a good idea for new haunters such as myself. I had no idea that this company was so big!

THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Brian

Comment

IMHO, a walk-through haunt under 1000 square ft just isn't big enough by itself.

Your ticket price would have to be extremely low: probably $2-3.

However if you add a few outdoor elements (open air maze, graveyard, gallows, chainsaw chase, etc.) you could make it considerably longer.

I've looked at Scair Structure products.

Good idea but they just weren't cost effective enough for me to use.

Here's some other ideas for you:

Free books on how to build a modular outdoor attraction!

http://www.nightmarepark.com/JBCornCDPage.html

An interesting idea for "soft" walls.

http://www.deathlord.net/TentWallSystem/tentwall.htm

Tent Vs. Trailer haunts.

http://www.hauntedattraction.com/36/special.html

The outdoor open air maze haunt.

http://www.hauntedattraction.com/35/workshop.html#1

Think outside the box...

http://www.hauntedattraction.com/26/...tivehaunt.html
                        Last edited by haunter112; 11-09-2007, 07:30 AM.
                        Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Reading bios of famous and semi-famous people, most "Overnight Successes" were working at perfecting their skill, show, act for usually 15 years before they came upon the scene with any measurable success.
                          "Overnight Success" is a buzz-phrase poor writers like to jazz up their BS with and make the rest of Schmukland feel that they too could be a big time success with little investment of time or effort, sort like winning the big Lotto, but it usually does not happen this way.
                          Almost anything of true worth requires alot of plain old work, that terrible four-letter word!
                          Sorry.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There would be more to it by Halloween. I was going to get two of these haunts and split them a few 100 yards apart with a large cemetery in the middle of them.

With a tight budget, this might be the best way to go.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Haunt View Post
                              There would be more to it by Halloween. I was going to get two of these haunts and split them a few 100 yards apart with a large cemetery in the middle of them.

With a tight budget, this might be the best way to go.

Brian
                              I guess you missed my post comparing the prices of these scare structures to conventional pole tents. At any rate, if you have twenty plus thousand for the scare structures I suggest leasing a building with a sprinkler and building a real show. This year we constructed, lit, and decored 5500 square feet of haunt -- ready to open -- for about $12,000. If you are interested in more numbers and return PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X