Ticket Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Price

(hope this hasn't been covered ...I didn't do a search)

What is your ticket price? Why did you choose that?

My staff says I can raise my price, but I don't think so. We have 33 rooms w/ outdoor maze that changes while people are in it ... we charge $8 (no senior or kid discount). We do have coupons we call Medical Insurance for $1 off. My staff wants to raise to $10 next year. We will have more rooms and a larger maze, but I don't want it to be to expensive for the average family to come to.

Now our normal gate price is less expensive then everyone else's discount price. Here haunts average $15 to $20 a person. Most offer $1 or $2 off with coupon.

Pondering hard on this one.
    ~HauntedWebby~
    www.lazarusmaze.com
    www.bbqandghosts.com
    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

I would choose a ticket price on what the market will bear. For instance I am from NY, and people will not blink an eye at a $30 dollar haunt, if it is worth it. Depending on your area and what your clientele is, should determine what you can charge. Friends laugh when I tell them that a hour and half movie is $12-$15 dollars. Depending on which theatre and time you attend. If you can offer patrons a night of entertainment than its worth more then $7, in MY area. For example we went to headless horseman at 7:30pm and didn't leave until 11:30pm because they have so much to do there. Is that worth $29, I think so.
    Last edited by beardedbil; 11-07-2007, 04:55 PM.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

We are the cheapest in our area at $12 (the norm is $15). Eight bucks seems REALLY cheap unless your show is only five minutes long or something.

Comment

Originally posted by screamshow View Post
        We are the cheapest in our area at $12 (the norm is $15). Eight bucks seems REALLY cheap unless your show is only five minutes long or something.

People do spend about 45 min with us (not counting line). But movies are an hour and half and are only $6 to $7.5 around here.

I wish the city would leave us alone. Then we could open the full 155 rooms like in our original plan. Then it would be $30 without question.
        ~HauntedWebby~
        www.lazarusmaze.com
        www.bbqandghosts.com

Comment

Haunts in our city have been about $13 each for the past couple of years. A movie here is about $6 to $8.50, depending on where/when you go and how you pay.

It really does depend on your market, though. I wouldn't blink an eye to pay $15 for 33 rooms and a maze in our area. However, I suppose it really is up to your patrons. Does the show change quite a bit each season? There's nothing worse than a show raising their prices, but the show doesn't change at all.

Overall, raising it by a buck or two doesn't sound unreasonable, especially if the show is revamped.
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Originally posted by SpFXChic View Post
            It really does depend on your market, though. I wouldn't blink an eye to pay $15 for 33 rooms and a maze in our area. However, I suppose it really is up to your patrons. Does the show change quite a bit each season? There's nothing worse than a show raising their prices, but the show doesn't change at all.
            Actually we change from weekend to weekend. It's fun, you can tell the return people because even they get lost.
            ~HauntedWebby~
            www.lazarusmaze.com
            www.bbqandghosts.com

Comment

We are at $10 and are the cheapest in the area. Most are $15. I think we are going to go to $12 next season.

For years we were $8 across the board, people complained that we didn't have a discount for kids. So, I raised the price to $10 and made kids 12 and under $8...never heard another complaint... smart folks.

So, I am going to go to $12 for adults and may stay with $8 for 12 and under..
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

Many years ago when I tried to be nice and make a discount for kids, two things happened 1) A guy pulled up in a station wagon packed full of small kids and said, "Here you go! You said all kids under 8 were free!"
                "Not today!"
                2) Suddenly the kid who is 5 ft. 10, weighs 325 pounds , has facial hair is only 11 (when 12 was the break off point for discounts)
                Sorry Mam, I think your daughter has to be older than 11."

Then it becomes "You caling me a liar!?"
                I don't want ill will from any customer for any reason, even this type.
                just last Jan. 1st we raised admision to $12.00.
                "Is it $12.00 for kids too?"
                "Yes it is but it should be MORE!"(We do alot of extra work and take extra care to make the child have as good and a fearless experience here as possible)

We raised admission last Jan. and then almost everything I buy goes up more!
                electricity, gas, gasoline, water & sewer.
                Very, very few balked at the $12.oo, and if this place and my efforts are not deemed worth at least $12.oo , then they don't have to come in here.
                That is how simple it can be.
                Once a kid said my house admission wasn't worth what I was asking.
                "Have you been in my house before?"
                "No."
                "Then how do you know what it is worth? What if there was only one Rolls-Royce and I had built it all myself, what would that car be worth?
                Who should be setting the price, the one who built it or the one whining and trying to get alot for almost nothing?
                Some people really don't have the money once they get up to the door, they can quietly choose to come up with excuses for their kids as to why they won't be coming in, that's fine if you want to lie to your kids, nice example you're setting.
                Feel real sorry for some poor smuck with old holy clothes , smelly, ex cetra , give them a brealk on admission, then watch them pull out a $100.oo bill for you to break and make them change!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hi Webby.

if your quality is the same ( at least) as the more expensive haunts, then an increase is warranted.

if everyone else starts at 15. I would say 10 would be no trouble for you. even 13.00, then if you wish, put a heavy coupon on the webpage.

You'll still have the moral high ground and can say things like

"still the best haunt, AND the best value"
                  That sort of thing

and we suffered a few years back, by being TOO cheap.

perception is , an 8 dollar haunt is only half as good as a 15 dollar haunt, so why go.

I try to stay as low as possable simply because we do get large families and groups, as well as the fact that we are out in the middle of nowhere, and people have to spend gas money to get here, and these days that really counts.

Gravely
                  Gravely MacCabre
                  aka Ricky Dick
                  Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                  and
                  Midnight Monster Hop
                  Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                  www.castleblood.com
                  www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                  www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                  Lifetime achievement award winner
                  International Costumers Guild

Comment

We charged $10 last year for two reasons. It was a reasonable price for the entertainment they were going to receive and also its nice not having to deal with $1.00 change on every ticket. For a 33 room haunt that takes 45 min I would be chargeing at least $15.00 Put on a fresh coat of paint, add a few new rooms and bump up that price!

Sean
                    Sean De Wane
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    The De Wane Asylum
                    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Or just have a 15 room haunted house ,mid-way through their tour reverse the lighting in every room from high to low, changing the color of the lights , run them through those same rooms backwards and most of them will not notice that it was the same room.
                      I do this with just one room. If someone begins thinking it is the same room I just lie and tell them:"No, I 6 identicle rooms..AND 66 identicly stained pair of underware in my drawer, butt then everybody does."
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X