30 days of night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 days of night

I know it's been out a while but has anyone seen this and is it worth staying up and going to see? Im bored and got a wild hair to go to the movies.
    http://www.myspace.com/scareview

yes it is really good actually. I mean, considering the horror movies out now...30 Days, Saw 4, and the new one P2...take 30 Days.

Plus the vampire screeches are creepy.

Comment

i hated it... thought it was terrible... if you want you can read my rant about it in the horror movies forum.
      -Mat

Comment

It was okay I thought. Could have been a little better and left out some of the sappy drama. Made me cold just watching the weather there though! haha

Comment

I havent seen it yet. But these Ghost House movies to be produced by Sam Raimi and owning the company are too pg-13 for me. I mean all the ones they have come out with have just been average. Nothing over the top by any means! Im beginning to wonder which company is worse Ghost House or Dark Castle. I used to really hate Dark Castle movies! I mean Ghost Ship and House of Wax that was just plain crap! Sorry now Im ranting. Lets see an Evil Dead remake! Now that might kick some ass!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

i would take 20 ghost ship sequels over 30 days of night any day!

hated it that much.

or better yet... i would rather suffer my way through the remake of "when a stranger calls" again, than ever see 30 days ever again.

i was a movie theater GM for a few years tho, and i guess i turned into a bit of a movie critic...

heck... even the teeny bopper Aquamarine sounds more inticing than watching this crap again.
            -Mat

Comment

So how many of you haunters begin thinking as you are sitting through a sub-par horror movie:" Give me a fraction of the money someone blew making this turkey and I could build a really GREAT HAUNTED HOUSE!!" ??
              Therein lies my angst of old.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

actually, jim, i find myself thinking that more and more often these days.
                -Mat

Comment

Horror movies these days SUCK SO BAD. I PERSONALLY liked 30 Days, but out of all the horror movies that came out this year I thought the only other good ones were 1408 and Dead Silence. Everything else sucked. Fuck Saw 4. It ended with 3. Stop trying to make more money from it you capitalist Hollywood assholes. It's done as far as I'm concerned lol

I'm tired of remakes. Don't hope for them. Only movies in NEED that HAD potential but failed need remakes. Nothing was wrong with the original Omen, TCM, When A Stranger Calls, Halloween, etc. Nothing.
                  TCM 03 was decent, the 06 Beginning was terrible. Other then that the only remake that I thought was good was The Amityville Horror. Ryan Reynolds is a great actor (and Melissa George who played his wife plays Josh Hartnett's wife in 30 Dats) and I thought it was better than the original, which I didn't like.

Basically if these films had plausible plot lines, good actors, a nice weight between drama, horror, maybe humor, and didn't O.D. on pointless over the top torture and gore then it'd be fine.

As some of you know, I'm a screenwriter (and an actor and a director) and I'm writing 9 horror movies right now. Trust me, they'll be a lot different than these shitty horror movies. I guess I've learned what not to do.

As bad as some of you thought 30 Days of Night was, cmon, the vampire screech was cool and creepy. If that jumped out at me in a haunt I'd shit my pants haha

Comment

Not wanting to be left grunting , I only wear pre-shit pants when I want to be with the in crowd. I'm known as the fastest pants-messer in the midwest!
                    (Because I cheat!)
                    Now you know.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The screeching sound was creepy and you are right, I would take my shoes off so I could out run the rest of my group if I heard that behind me! Anyway, I thought the makeup and grill job was really good on the vampires too. Not too bad considering some of the vampire movies of today and it was nice to see something besides the saw or hostel type movies for a change.

Comment

I saw it friday and thought it was OK i will wait for it to come out on vid and buy it rather than take the kids to see it.
                        The Care Taker
                        John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Haven't seen it but may watch it on dvd. I'm really looking forward to Sweeny Todd though. I'm interested to see how they deal with the Broadway aspects of it but the previews look really awsome to me.

Comment

Oh, it does work in a house.

I've been doing that 30 days of Night makeup since last year.

Had the claws and made the teeth for a Nosferatu style vampire, added the zombie-like blood spatter while portraying a bestial vampire 'pet'. Creeped people out last year, but it really worked this year with the release of the movie.

Comment

i do have to say that i did like the nails and such, the make up ok i did like the teth a little as well realy liked the ending.
                              The Care Taker
                              John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
                              X