X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Results for Opening in November

Who opened on November 2nd and 3rd?

What are the results?

For us it was a HUGE success. We've never had much success opening after October 31st but this year we promoted it from day one.

Between two events we did about 3,500 paid customers. It came out to about 800 per day over the two days for the two attractions. It was like having a really good Sunday or great weekday. Well worth opening.

Next year Halloween falls on a Friday so I'm sure we'll do awesome on the following Saturday. Maybe we'll stay open on that Sunday as well.

We'll see

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We also did as well being open the first weekemd in Nov. I think alot of haunts are missing out in lost revenue by closing on halloween.

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

We made a last minute decision to extend and it was probably a waste. But it was fun and the crew loved it so what the hell

Comment

Veterans Day weekend with a Monday holiday makes Sunday play just like another Saturday (Because people have Monday off they can go out Sunday night handier.= two Saturday nights in a row!
        We were very busy tonight, the 10th of November
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We will probably try the extended season next year as well. I do think the key is to promote it from ground zero.

Several years ago we stayed opened the day after Halloween. We run a volunteer staff. So as an extra thank you, we let them run the event for the day. We didn't promote it ourselves, the actors did. They split what ever money came through the gate. They had fun, made a couple bucks.

If you have a Hispanic market you can pair up with a Spanic Station and promote the "Day of the Dead" on Nov. 1st. Again, could work if properly promoted.
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

This coming season should be great for extending it as Halloween falls on a Friday.

Few years back when Halloween fell on a Thursday, we sayed open the following Friday Sat. and Sun.
            Sunday was the only day wasted...it was cold and drizzley...and the biggest scare was me...standing around in a Santa Suit!
            I am coming Sara! But I a coming very slowly, because little pieces keep falling off of me!

Comment

The Ravens Grin Inn is open year-round, so we are open every November.
              November can be a VERY GOOD month for us, IF the weather is good or at least predictable (the weatherman is right with no nasty surprises)
              So far the weather has been good and the business has been very good.
              The big weather-thing is still whether you are open or not?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X