Matt Green /Grave Robber Studios SCAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Green /Grave Robber Studios SCAM

Add another vendor to your list of rip-off artists. I tried to work with the guy -even after he couldn't deliver in time for event . In the end, what did I get - Screwed!!!

I am taking action against Matt Green, so Buyer Beware!!!

That is really surprising news. I Ordered two pieces from them at Hauntcon and got both pieces within a VERY reasonable time. Thier work is the best I have ever seen. A bit pricey, but my cast was ohhing and ahhing over them.
    Hopefully, someone from the company will respond.....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Added to the list. And yes, I have an actual list saved right on my desktop.

I wonder if these companies realize that it is a hell of a lot easier to get on the list than it is to get back off.

Comment

Hmmm .. a list where only one side is heard.

I'm worse then scarfactory at returning calls, that god I don't sell products for a living. But you have to remember there is always two sides to the story. Try to get both before adding them to any kind of list.
        ~HauntedWebby~
        www.lazarusmaze.com
        www.bbqandghosts.com
        "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Originally posted by xxxdirk View Post
          That is really surprising news. I Ordered two pieces from them at Hauntcon and got both pieces within a VERY reasonable time. Thier work is the best I have ever seen. A bit pricey, but my cast was ohhing and ahhing over them.
          Hopefully, someone from the company will respond.....
          It is a surprise and extremely disappointing. I have a number of his props and thought I had a good relationship with him.

HauntedWebby is correct, there's always two sides to the story and I'm still waiting to hear why I haven't received product and/or a refund.

Comment

From what I understand Grave Robbers Studios is no longer in business. I think it's a shame. This was my new favorite prop company. I purchased two items from them at Hauntcon and am very pleased with the products.

Sorry to hear that you have had these problems. I know he tried his best to get all orders out on time this year.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
            Deadly Intentions Haunted House
            www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I bought a prop from them back in May and received it in just a couple weeks after I ordered it. I love it and I wish I could order more from them but yes it is true, they are no longer in business as of September 1st 2007.
              ~Bill Mlinac
              The Deadland Haunted House
              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Can't add to list if no longer in business

Comment

Sometimes "Things" just happen.......
                  Years ago I heard about a prop/maskmaker who moved to a small southern town but a few months later disappeared...when the city realised he was dumping stuff into their city sewer and wanted him to pay to fix it!
                  "OOPS!!"
                  I just betcha that he was hard to find after that!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedWebby View Post
                    Hmmm .. a list where only one side is heard.

I'm worse then scarfactory at returning calls, that god I don't sell products for a living. But you have to remember there is always two sides to the story. Try to get both before adding them to any kind of list.

In general I have not had problems with the haunt companies I have dealt with. I prefer that this continue, so I do not do business with any company that others have had problems with. I am totally uninterested in the company's excuses for why a problem exists, that it exists is enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNightMare View Post
                      Can't add to list if no longer in business
                      I'll leave them on there anyway.

Comment

Is there an actual list of Bad Vendors?
                        If so...I would like to see it....or just see yours...please..and thank you!
                        I am coming Sara! But I a coming very slowly, because little pieces keep falling off of me!

Comment

Long Story Short - GraveRobbers and Matt still have over $5k of my money.
                          Add Rip Off Keith from Scar Parts and I've lost $10k this season...

I'll stop my whining...

Matt and Robin split and the company went belly up in late October. They did deliver my two props (crappy - but delivered) but they still have my big prop that is still a NO SHOW. Robin is gone. Matt still has the name GraveRobbers and I have his cell # for anyone needing it.

Matt is currently working on some things out of his home, but mis managed areas forced them out of business.

I drove down before they closed the doors and bought several items off the floor - great stuff, but the custom props I ordered sucked.

Thanks,

Todd

Comment

Todd,

I sent you a PM. No response from Matt Green since October 22nd.

Jim

Comment

Doesn't anybody pay as the job progresses?
                              1/3 down to begin, 1/3 more at the half-way point, then 1/3 upon completion?(and delivery)
                              Unless of course $5,000 was just 1/3?
                              Trust can be bought, one job, one customer with one-third payment at a time.
                              Everybody wins, or at least covers their losses, I would think?
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X