How many of you "Times Two"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you "Times Two"?

Do any of you have a scare that you do that really works well and you do it once to a person (or a small group) and then a few seconds later do the exact same thing to the same people and get the same scared reaction?
    I have found that this adds a whole new dimension to the effect and adds to the potential humor of it all for any others within earshot or line of sight.
    Maybe part of the reson the second try works is because most people just aren't expecting it a second time so soon afterwards, and isn't that how so many scares work, utilizing the unexpected?
    So instead of needing , say 30 scares, 15 will work instead.
    Yes I do
    0%
    No I don't
    0%
    No, but I'm going to try it!
    0%
    hauntedravensgrin.com

While we don't really do the exact same scare, we do the same type of scare in a similar room, but with a different character. It's hard to explain without boring you with details of the set-up and execution. It does work, though.
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I do the exact same scare in the exact same location as many as three times in a row as maybe ten people are walking by, so they get a chance to see and hear what's coming but just like many people, they probably are thinking it won't happen to them.
      Tonight was a new "Classic" experience here!
      A woman asked another woman to come over and sit with her, she didn't move. The woman really wanted her to come and sit next to her!
      I interveined and said I would contact the spirit of this house to make her get out of her chair.
      I tried the magical spell three times and it failed all but the third time and then she was "moving!"
      She got scared by compressed air traped in a cylinder!
      I have never heard so many people laugh so long and as hard as did everyone there in my front room. WOW!!!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This can really work a treat because with some types you can let them almost 'anticpate it' and this builds up tension. Because they experienced it and got scared the first time they can actually become more scared the second time because they think they know what is coming!

The trick is to surprise them less and delay the second scare.

Comment

Even a "One-Trick Pony" can have year after year of amazing success if that one trick is good enough.
          After 20 years of flogging the same "horse", I am living proof it can be true.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X