I'm not dead yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not dead yet!

Contrary to rumors of my demise, I'm still kicking. For those of you who might just give a damn, like Empress, Dirk, Jim, Ken and Ben - I'm sorry that I haven't had time to chatt with you guys. I miss you a lot! But I've just been SO wound up in trying to get my show on the road this year that I just haven't had the time, energy or heart to just sit and yack about what's going on.

Come Hell or High Water, The Little House of Horrors will be opening Friday the 13th - thumbing our noses at superstitions once again - under the banner of The Theatre of Blood. I'll let you guys know what happens when I get a moment. I plan to take Sunday the 15th off. Don't plan to get out of bed. This working 8 am till 10 pm 7 days a week is just ROUGH!!!

Love y'all! Mean it! Off to work at my 'Real Job' for a while. Then back to the build!
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

Glad to hear you're still kickin Scarlett! I know what you mean... I'm totally exhausted too! Fortunately, the adrenalin has kept me going during the haunt operating hours. At the end of the night, I collapse! Lee, Mari and Brad are all in the same boat right now... wiped out! It's definitely a passion and an obsession that keeps driving us! :shock: We're hoping to get a bit of rest this week so we can hit it hard this coming weekend. This weekend is Corvette Weekend in Eureka Springs and it's one of the busiest weekends in Eureka Springs all year. The inn has been booked solid for quite some time now. Between the inn and the haunt, we're going to be extremely busy! At least we're hoping that the big weekend will translate into big ticket sales at the Raycliff Manor ticket window! We're listed on the Corvette Weekend web site, so we believe that will help. Oops, I'm rambling. Please let us know how it goes Scarlett and I'll be looking forward to your report of tremendous success!!!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Glad to hear from you Scarlette. Hope you have a great season and look forward to a full report over a few drinks at Transworld in Feb!!
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

We miss you Scar! Glad to hear that you are well! Hope your foot is fine and dandy!
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

glad to see your still alive and well !!!!!keep us posted

Comment

Scarlett, I don't have to build my haunt, BUT for the last 2 weeks 2 or 3 things of import would break and I could only get one or two of them fixed each day! (Then run the house all night)
            I have done some major work here very recently and another one is almost done.
            "May All Of Your Screams Be Happy Ones!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Scar,

I figured you were super busy, Honey. Thanks so much for stopping by to let us know that you still love us.

I'm super busy, myself. My crew is getting on my LAST nerve and I'm really starting to hate that I don't have a life. Certainly not a private life. All of this is making me very bitchy....with a capital B!! The problem is, I don't know how to stop this bitchiness. I keep talking to myself to stop stressing, but it's not working. It effects my driving, the way I talk to strangers, my crew (certain members make it worse!) and my children.

Scar, have you been suffering the "B" syndrome, as well? I'm only asking because I'm hoping I'm not alone.

It's so bad that if someone on any board or forum crossed me, I'd probably reach through the monitor and leave prints on their neck! :evil:

Comment

I find it helps me if I can even get 10 minutes to myself to sit quietly and get outside my own head and remind myself of the bigger picture of things. Not sure this will work for everyone, but I believe any form of meditation, relaxation or quiet, even if for just 10 minutes, can't hurt. I was feeling it on Saturday night so I went into one of the hidey holes in the haunt and just breathed for a few minutes. It helped! :wink:

Kel
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Not to hijack Scar's thread, but....

Kel, there is no way I can get away from my crew. As you probably know, the haunt is built surrounding my home. It makes it difficult for me because I can never really get away from the haunt and what's going on and they won't let me.
                  One crew member showed up here Monday after 9:30 at night to drop off tables for our lounge!! It made me SOOOOOO MAD!!!!! Hell, I was in my nightshirt for GAWD sake! Give me a break!

On construction days, I can't even go to the bathroom without hearing them calling my name and that's no exaggeration.....uuugggggh!

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
                    Scar,

I figured you were super busy, Honey. Thanks so much for stopping by to let us know that you still love us.

I'm super busy, myself. My crew is getting on my LAST nerve and I'm really starting to hate that I don't have a life. Certainly not a private life. All of this is making me very bitchy....with a capital B!! The problem is, I don't know how to stop this bitchiness. I keep talking to myself to stop stressing, but it's not working. It effects my driving, the way I talk to strangers, my crew (certain members make it worse!) and my children.

Scar, have you been suffering the "B" syndrome, as well? I'm only asking because I'm hoping I'm not alone.

It's so bad that if someone on any board or forum crossed me, I'd probably reach through the monitor and leave prints on their neck! :evil:

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, girl! You are so not alone in the "B" syndrome. I'm right there with ya. Between working my day job (including the mandatory overtime), then the haunt, and my most important job - being a mom, I am overly exhausted, therefore a major B. I still have a little semblance of hope as I immediately notice when the B comes out and immediately apologize, but even that is wearing thin...

We're only a week into open season, and I am dying to get at least 4 hours sleep.
                    www.mindseizure.com
                    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Sisters, let's all sing another round of the Bitchy song!

Monday night, at the build, I threw a MAJOR tantrum in the direction of my husband. We were discussing building a 'booth' for our 'Well of Souls'. I said, "Use the scraps of ply wood, not the big pieces because if we Mud over it the seems won't show." My husband snapped at me that "We'll use the scraps just so you'll shut up about them." I then flew into one of those "If you are going to yell at me for every thing I say then I'll just go HOME because I really would rather be AT home than here!" fits.

I think it was the first time I ever yelled at my husband in front of the crew. I felt really bad about it afterwards because all the men - all of whom were either currently married or divorced - were sulking around with their heads down and not looking in my direction. You would have thought that I had blessed out every single one of them. But then, I've met all their wives, both current and ex's, and I know full well that each of those men had been on the receiving end of a bitch fit.

Emp, I totally feel for you! The real reason we do LHOH is because my husband spent three years haunting my yard! I would do ANYTHING to get it away from my house! Gees! I run a costume shop dealing with costumers all day long and cleaning up the ghod aweful messes that they make playing 'dress up' then come home to my yard full of stuff and that dreadful Halloween Audio tape that my husband loves playing all night long! I had to park in my neighbor's drive way all the time and entertain 'haunt' guests all night long. Girlfriend, it drove me to drink!

The only thing you CAN do is to get away from it. Are you open yet? If so, tell everyone that you're place is OFF LIMITS on the days you are not open. If you aren't, set work days and OFF days. Make sure everyone knows what days it is NOT COOL to come to your house. Get somewhere away from everyone where you can enjoy some peace and quiet. Even if it's just a lunch break in your car in the parking lot. Go somewhere without phones where people cannot find you and just sit down and breath. (I hide in the stock room at work.) Listen to the quiet for awhile. Don't move until you feel like you can face the world again without killing something.

Hang in there ladies! You know, the men feel the stress also, but when they start yelling at people, no one ever calls THEM 'bitch'. We just need to learn that it's not a bad word. Take it one and wear it with pride. JoeDog's wife has a hat that says "#1 Bitch". As she has already claimed that title, I get to be the "Vicsious bitch from he11." (Even if I can't spell it. :lol: ) We all just have this inborn "need to please" people that makes us feel like we have to take on all this stress and STILL be nice to people all the time. Sometimes, we really DO need to yell at people before they start understanding that we all have our breaking points. When we're all in this dreadful 'crunch time', EVERYONE needs to be more considerate of the 'boss lady' and her feelings.

Big Hugs Girls!
                      ------------------------

Comment

And thanks for the good wishes guys! JoeDog mentioned reading that Dirk and some of the others were having last minute FireMarshal trouble and all kinds of other crap happening. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to be more supportive.
                        ------------------------

Comment

Scar,

we don't open until the 13th. And to show you how it is for me, a crew member is over here RIGHT NOW detailing walls he should have done weeks ago!

I told him I was going in. It's starting to sprinkle and I was out there to cover any electrical equipment to keep it dry during the showers. After that, I came in here, grabbed a Wine Cooler aka Adult Koolaid and am about to put food in the oven for the boys' din-din. I have been on haunt business ALL DAY LONG! It's WHISKEY TIME!!

Comment

I took a planned night off last night - that's why I got to type! YAY! It was the season opener for "Lost" and I wasn't going to miss it. Besides, the boys were delivering and installing the ramp over the theatre stairs last night and there was nothing I could do to help.

This morning, I have to go work on the website. I just wanted to check on you, Emp. Gotta make sure that you're ok. *Big Hugs!*
                            ------------------------

Comment

I have lived in my haunt for 20 years. This has probably been harder on my spouse(s) than myself and the main saving grace has always been that we also live in a small town in the middle of a big cornfield, once the crowds go away it gets real quiet here, at the end of a dead end street, behind the downtown, east of the graveyard, woods and creek to the immeadiate north side.
                              Remember the old movie "The Town That Dreaded Sundown"?
                              That is what this little town of 1,700, mostly elderly, retired people has become over the last month since the Police have not yet caught the home-invader/rapist who has elevated his modus operendi from no weapon to a knife to gun.
                              The bad part is, the description could fit a great many people (but not me, I have too much meat on my bones, all except for one,and I'm approximately three times older than he seems to be)
                              He seems to choose and pick his victims rather well as far as they being alone in the house during the early morning hours, so he must be someone everybody sort of knows??? Creepy stuff.
                              My wife isn't "happy"about this local problem.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X