MHC Call For Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHC Call For Speakers

It is, once again, the time of the year for the Midwest Haunters Convention to start putting together our seminar lineup. We are looking for unique topics, with broad appeal to haunters, in the areas of makeup, business, acting, props, costuming, and design. We are particularly interested in new classes that haven't been offered before.

This will be the second year for the Midwest Fantasy Show which is held
    concurrently with MHC. This convention is designed to appeal to professional makeup artists, face painters, airbrush and henna artists, clowns, balloon twisters, caricature artists, magicians and more. Seminar topics with crossover appeal will be given special consideration.

We will once again be offering our speakers $100 per class to offset some of your travel expenses. If you are interested in speaking at MHC and/or have an idea for a class please email me or call 614-361-1466.

next year

Barry , have you thought about Easton for MHC? We do the carriage rides during Christmas . I think it wpuld ideal . plenty of things to do before ,during and after the show. Hotels, bars ,resturants, and shopping , all within walking distance. That has been the one complaint from the last three years. I cpuld put you in touch with our contacts if you have any interest. Thanks, Terry Adkins / Pyro

Comment

Terry,
      Yes we have looked at the Easton area. The problem we run into is that the Hilton is the only hotel in the area with a large ballroom. At 10K square feet it would have been perfect in past years. However now, even that is not big enough for us. Also, the Hilton has not really seemed interested in hosting us and rooms would have been $170+. As for other activities I agree that it would be perfect.
      Barry

Comment

Mhc

Bary, did you ck the other two hotels? I think both are Marriot. I know Easton has a lot of space in their upstair areas. We have a meeting with management later this month. I could ask a few questions if yer interested.

Comment

Yes, there are no hotels left in the Columbus Metro area that have the space to host MHC. The Hilton has the biggest ballroom at 10K but this year we are using 25,000 for the tradeshow alone. Add to that the need for about 7500 sf for the party and at least 10 meeting rooms and the only thing left is the convention center/Hyatt.

Thanks for the suggestions though! We are always looking for new ideas to make MHC better for everyone. If you have any suggestions for the Friday night your I would love to hear them.

Comment

Barry Count on the BodyBagging team to be a part of the Speaker lineup for 2008.
            We always have a GREAT time doing the demos at MHC, the attendees are GREAT, so with no further ado, the seminar will be............. (DRUMROLL please) ................ Be sure to register to attend the BodyBag Entertainment Xtreme Haunt FX DEMO where we will be RECREATING the SEVERE SILICONE TRAUMA FX as seen our newest Instructional DVD! we Look forward to seeing you there...... Be sure to register early to avoid being part of those standing room only attendees.........
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
            X