Hellevator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellevator?

Well, Ive seen these things around, and I am palnning on putting one at the end of my haunt as a final climax. I understand the basic idea of it. Its a falling elevator. I just have a few questions.

Where can I find the sounds needed for this effect?

What would I use to syncronise the effects (lights and movement) with the sound?

Right as it starts to "fall" I wish to drop a few weights (only a few inches) ontop of it to make that initial jolt. What would I use to release the weight? (something that can reset easily)

Thanks in advance...
    Brian

About a three feet long piece of old steel pipe , bolt a big hinge to one end, drill an eye-bolt to the other end. Fasten the hinge to the top of your elevator then run a small rope through the eyelet through a pulley and back down to a location next to the elevator.
    A quick yank on the rope lifts the pipe, let it slam back down to make your noise, if this isn't loud enough or doesn't sound quite right to you experment by loosely wiring metal junk/objects to the pipe.
    Having the pipe hinged and attached keeps the whole thing more predictablly located.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
    X