Rainbow Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Effect

For the finale of my haunt, I am planning on having a curved rainbow appear.
    But I have no idea how to do it. Any ideas on how to achieve this effect is greatly appreciated.

If I remember correctly it always was a certain brand of breath mints that made this happen...on TV at least!
    Rainbows deal with light refraction and they can only be observed from certain angles to the process of moisture hanging in the air as light hits it.
    Putting plumbing and electricity together might be tricky to say the least. A nozzle that mists, a pan to catch all the water in underneath it all(think "Large, flat pan,custome made in a sheet metal shop?) but most of all you will need a certain amount of plain old space , maybe more than the effect will be worth in the final say so of it all?
    Then as it runs for several hours there comes that booming voice teling you to build that ark......
    Of course all of this is a pure guess on my part, maybe mimicing actual daylight will have to happen to give any of this a chance of happening?
    It might be alot trickier than you think.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Need more info

Is this going to be indoors or out? How large do you want it? What immediately came to mind for me was projecting it on a wall.

Comment

do it with a light mist with a certain about of light on it??? I dont know may need the wizard to help with that? Paint it or project it sure!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Rainbow

Hmmmm. I have only seen polarized light sources in secret testing laboratories doing stess analysis on various materials. They grind down to a good surface, slather the material with an aluminum crystal poly urethane resin paste and cover it with hand poured acetate and look at it through a polarized light source, stretching the material yeilds a rainbow, prism effect. Who's THEY. How do you know this? Because I just told you.

Or you could just shine light through a prism onto water/ fog machine mist.

Or you could just add dish washing liquid water to mist/ lawn sprinkler or pressure washer nozzles or modified spray bottle ends on PVC tubing (pretty damn cheap as Doctor Lady would say)

The floor would be a big plastic tarp, landscape cloth and ultimately become a slip and slide evacuation proceedure.

I would have a stewardess give instructions before hand. Here is your floating cushion that thousands of butts have been on! Have a nice day.

Maybe a polarized camera lens filter? Used in photographing cars and other pretty shiney objects. Shine a light through it.

Squirt some solution in the patrons eyes so they dialate during the final scenes?

Give then chromadepth glasses and have them look into an aircraft landing light. Woops that wouldn't be good. Or actually the reflection of a light on mist, sort of how christmas lights refract and seperate. Not to be confused with modern bra construction, that would be lift and seperate.

Have a unicorn throw up.

Call either Los Alamos National Laboratory, the Colorado School of Mines or the Burea of mines in Bruceton Pa. Fill out this 30 page security clearance complete with fingerprints and DNA. Loose 8 years of your life you can no longer remember for some reason or...

Okay, sounds like a trip to the little kids store for science projects, a back lit prism and fog machine vs. multiple argon matrix lazers.

It could be done perfectly and inspire awe by simply adding $3,004 to each ticket price.

You have been informed by the U.S. Department of Wild Imaginings. This post will self destruct once read.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Wow

And I thought I had some creativity and imagination!

Comment

The sad thing is....

Only the bit about the unicorn is actually made up/creative. Maybe the ticket price calculation. And obviously the post didn't explode. Other than that it is all real life experience.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I was thinking get a BIG prism and shine light through it. I know those have rainbow colors shining through them.

Comment

Big Prism

I have seen these at the Army/Navy surplus store. They are the windows/viewing port for the driver of a tank. About 8 inches by 3 by 3? $40 it has been a few years and certainly not a stock item everywhere.

Or perhaps lighting companies for DJs already have such a party effect? That would be a lot more...$240 for a prism and a light bulb.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you have any buddies that work in a theatre? Borrow a few ellipsoidals with gobo holders and some different colored gels, and buy a few of these:

http://www.rosco.com/us/gobocatalog/...ges/77171.html

This method is only cheap if you can do the borrowing part. It will give you excellent control of your rainbow's size, color, sharpness, etc. though.
                    Motors and skulls:
                    http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

I agree... a gobo projector is probably the best way to go.
                      Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Working...
                      X